Chapter Thirty-Seven -- What You Don't Know Can't Hurt You

"Look at y'all not havin' game ass niggas. Y'all niggas share a chain ass niggas. Same cup in the hand ass nigga. In the club with a credit card scam ass nigga. No dick in the pants ass nigga.I be damned if I fuck a non-man ass nigga..."
          -- Nicki Minaj (Lookin' Ass Nigga)

Chapter Thirty-Seven -- What You Don't Know Can't Hurt You

Karly's POV

"Girls! Get down here now! Breakfast was ready 50 hours ago!" I yell in the foyer from the bottom of the stair case with my hands on my hip. The twins was down first so I sent Melody to get Chloe, but that was almost thirty minutes ago. What the hell

could they be doing?

"Girrrrrl, don't even worry them," Harmony say, sticking her hand in the plate of bacon left for Chloe and Mel when I enter the kitchen, "that just means more food for me."

"You mean us," Erik says, suddenly appearing out of nowhere and snatching the meat strip from Harm's hand.

"Hey!" she yells with a deep frown as Erik takes a bite, killing it in 2.0 seconds. "Greedy," she sticks out her tongue.

Holding in a laugh, I point at the both of them while going over to guard the girls' food like a watch dog. "Both of you are greedy. I mean, I know my food's good, but dang."

"I hope it's not cold," Melody say, finally entering the kitchen with Chloe close behind her. I watch as she reaches behind her and grabs her hand, "Sorry we're late. This girl sleeps like a rock."

Chloe laughs lightly, pushing Mel's shoulder softly, "Do not."

"Do too," Mel challenges back with a smile.

"Look, do y'all want y'all food or not?" Harm interrupts the  dispute with a hand on her hip, "cause me and Erik have no problem with it if you don't."

Without acknowledging the blunt twin, the girls move around the kitchen fixing their plates and engrossing in conversation like the three of us wasn't even there anymore.

I look at Erik in question, and he shrugs his shoulders before going to the two door fridge with a glass cup in his hand to pour himself some orange juice. I cross my arms in front of me, leaning my body against the wrap around counter, out of the girls way. Listening to Chloe and Mel talk about the latest fashion and hip hop songs, I'm quickly bored so I follow Erik out of the kitchen when he leaves.

"I think we have the best teenagers in this generation" he randomly say as we climb the stairs.

I lift a brow, "The best? That's a little over board, don't you think?"

He stops, takes a sip of his juice, let's out a ahhh, and shakes his head. "Nah," he says and continues up the stairs.

I hold back my laugh. This dude is too much.

"They could be worst," he adds as we enter our room.

Closing the door behind me, I have to agree. I've seen much worst.

As Erik goes into our walk in closet, I throw my body on our unmade bed and I swear it's like my body thanked me. The feeling of a nice, comfortable bed is the one of the best feelings in the word, especially when you have someone you love to share it with.

Since the TV wasn't on, I watched Erik like he was the greatest show ever created. Stalkerish, I know, but I love seeing my man, especially when he's in action with a gun in his hand. I still want him to let the game go, but I can't lie and say I won't miss the rush I feel between my legs when he's about to blast a nigga brains outside.

With the now half empty cup still in his hand, Erik pulls out his navy blue Armani slacks with a white, crisp Ralph Lauren button up shirt with the navy horse on the chest.

I sat up in the bed, Indian style with a curious frown on my face. Where is he going? He came over and threw the pants and shirt on the bed beside me before going back in the closest and getting his brown Gucci loafers and belt.

"Umm... should I be getting dressed too?" I asked as he sat down his glass and began pulling his T shirt and basketball shorts from his body.

"Naw, you good, baby," he answered, going over to the drawers his under clothes are in.

I nodded like I understood, my eyes on his muscled back as he changed out of his underwear and slipped on another T shirt. I think he has thousands of those things.

He turned around towards me and nodded his head to his clothes. I passed them, gazing upon him as he put each piece on, carefully tucking in his shirt and looping in his belt.

I stood from the bed, went over to our other set of drawers and picked out a pair of his white Ralph Lauren socks and a navy blue and white stripped Ralph Lauren bow tie.

I turned to him, holding up the items. "Too much white?"

He looked up and shook his head before going right back to fixing his clothes.

"Here, let me help," I offered, going over and moving his hands out of the way of his belt buckle.

As I let the leather strap run through the metal buckle I decided to ask the million dollar question. "So... where are you going?"

To my surprise, he laughed, throwing his head back with a fist covering his mouth as I fumbled with his belt.

"That's why you tryna help a nigga out, huh? You ain't slick."

I smiled even though that wasn't my intentions at all. I picked up the tie from the bed, flipped his collar up, and went to work. "So, are you going to tell me or not?"

"Not," he smirked.

My lips twitched with a smile, "You're not going to tell me?"

"Nah, I think it's better if you don't know."

My fingers fell from the stripped cloth about the same time the smile fell from my face. "Erik--"

He kissed me, cutting off my words, before flipping down his collar and going over to sit on the side of the bed to put on his socks and shoes.

I watched him, waiting on him to say something, anything but he didn't. I shook my head, almost in disappointment, as he finished up and stood, towering over my 5'6 frame.

"What?" he asked mockingly, with that stupid smirk on his face.

Folding my arms I shook my head again as if to say nothing.

He lifted my chin and ran his tongue over his lips quickly before leaning to kiss me passionately on his end with little to no effort on mine.

"I love you, Kar," he looked into my eyes, "I'll be back, aight?"

I turned my head out of his hand only to have him pull it back.

"Aight?" he asked again.

I moved my head away again forcefully, taking two steps back. "Yeah, okay."

I folded my arms underneath my chest as he watched me with a serious look on his face before it was replaced with that dumb ass smirk again.

He turned to the wall behind him, removed the picture, opened the wall drawer, got his gun, and left.

-------------------

A / N :

Just want to say thanks to everyone that wished me fun on my prom night. It was great!

Thank y'all for being patient and understanding, after all, that's all I ask for (besides your votes, comments, and support) :-)

Thank you all for reading and I plan to update again very soon!