Chapter Fourteen -- House Warming

"'Cause you're a good girl and you know it. You act so different around me..."
-- Drake (Hold On We're Going Home)

Chapter Fourteen -- House Warming

Erik's POV

"Boy, why the hell you didn't tell me you was buying this big-ass house," was the first thing my momma said when she stepped foot inside of my home.

"I'm doing good, Momma. How are you?" I asked sarcastically while shutting the door behind my parents.

Momma turned around with a smirk dancing on her lips. "I'm sorry, baby, but you know how much I hate it when you keep stuff from me."

"It was suppose to be a surprise, Kaila," my dad spoke up, "leave the boy alone."

Momma playfully rolled her eyes before walking off deeper into the house.

Once she was out of earshot my father turned to me. "Don't let her get to you, you know how she is."

I laughed a little, "Yeah, I'm used to it now."

"Yeah?" he chuckled, "Well that's good, son, 'cause a woman like that takes some getting used to."

"I hear you in there, Ethic! Yo' old-ass better stop talkin' about me!" Momma yelled.

Pops smirked and began walking towards her voice, "Woman who you callin' old..."

I laughed. Those two will never change.

"What you laughing at?"

I turned around to see my baby coming down the stairs two at a time. She had put her hair in a ponytail and every time she stepped down on a stair it would flap against the top half of her back. I know this shit sound corny, but she's so beautiful, I swear I could just sit back and watch her all day.

"Uhh... why are you looking at me like that?" She asked with one of her arched eyebrows raised, stepping down from the last step and coming over to me.

I put my arms around her shoulders, hugging her body close to mine. She smelled good, too. I felt her rub her hands up and down my back as I continued to hold her.

"I could stay like this all day if you let me."

When she said that, I wanted to kick everybody out of the house -- even her sisters -- and call Megan up and tell her not to worry 'bout bringing her ass ova' here 'cause me and my girl was about to chill, but I knew Karly wouldn't even let me do all that.

"Ethic, don't nobody wanna watch no damn football!" My momma's voice echoed to where we was.

Karly laughed and began pulling away from me. "I almost forgot your parents was here."

I mumbled a 'yeah' as I let her go.

"Aww, babe, don't act like that. C'mere." She stood on her toes for a little extra height before planting a few long kisses on my lips as I grabbed a hold of her ass.

"Better?" she asked.

I shook my head, looking into her big brown eyes, "Nah, but it'd do for now."

She smiled, and I let her down.

"Well, well, well... look at little Miss. Rapunzel from the balcony. Girl, lemme get some of 'dat hair," Momma teased Karly as soon as we came into the living room that was blasting a college football game of Alabama vs. Georgia State on the flat screen TV.

"Hey, Kaila," Karly smiled as we took a seat across from them, "How you doing, Ethic?"

Pops sat down his beer. "I'm good, Karly. How about you?"

"I'm fine."

"Well, you look like you're more than fine to me, chile," Momma spoke up with a sinister smile, "Look like you glowing."

Glowing? Hold up, don't that mean pregnant?

Karly's eyes grew wide before she let out a small laugh. "Oh, no ma'm. It's probably just from this tan I got... you know how hot it's been lately."

Momma put a can of Coke up to her lips and mumbled, "Mhmmm," before taking a sip.

The crowd on TV began to go wild when Pops jumped up from his seat. "YEAH! That's what I'm talking 'bout! ROLL FUCKIN' TIDE! Them boys ain't playin' wit' y'all ass!"

Karly had her hand on her chest, trying to control her sudden shock, and Momma was shaking her head from side to side.

"He scared you?" She asked Karly with a chuckle.

Karly nodded. "Yeah, I wasn't expecting that."

Momma laughed. "Girl, this fool crazy over some football."

"That's right!" Pops yelled, hyped up, "I tried to get Erik to play all through school, but all that nigga wanted was a round ball. Round balls ain't shit!"

I laughed, "That's the same way I feel about football, so you ain't sayin' nothing."

"Somebody at the door, y'all want me to answer it?" Melody asked, suddenly appearing at the doorway.

"I'll get it," Karly offered, getting up from beside me.

"I bet that's Megan," Momma said once Karly and her sister left the room, "Y'all know she suppose to be bringing her boo thang, so I don't want no shit out of you two."

"Her boo thang? I didn't know she was bringing somebody over here," I said, genuinely confused.

"Hell, I didn't even know she had a boo thang," Pops admitted.

"Heeey, everybody," Megan greeted while stepping into the room, "Oooh ya'll turnt up for the football game. Good thing I brought snacks."

"Mom! Please stop saying 'turnt up'," Chloe whined from behind her, her eyes glued to the phone in her hands.

I sat up straight, ready to see who the hell my lil sister was bringing over here, and when the nigga stepped in the room, to say I was surprised would be a fuckin' understatement.

"Uhh... what's up everybody?" He awkwardly greeted. Gerald, the same man that sold me THIS house is dating my sister?

Well, at least the nigga got a job.

"Everybody this is Gerald," Megan said happily with one of her arms wrapped around his waist.

"This is close to a million dollar house. What kind of woman wouldn't be happy to call a home like this her own?"

"A woman that already lives in a house twice as big as this one," he said.

"Parents?"

He shook his head, "All hers. She's a model."

I patted his shoulder, "You're a lucky man."

He laughed out loud. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

Damn, I should've known then, but out of all of the super models in the world, my sister just had to be the one.

"What's up, man? Small-ass world we live in," I said to him as Karly came back and sat next to me.

Megan's smile faded. "Wait, you two know each other?"

I stood up. "He sold me the house," I told her while dapping Gerald up. White boy knew what he was doing too.

Megan punched his shoulder. "Baby! Why didn't you tell me? I thought you said you wasn't making any sales."

Momma lightly chuckled, "Damn."

Gerald's face turned red. "Well, I wasn't until Mr. Davis here bought this house. It was a big boost for a fresh real estate agent as myself."

"I'm glad I helped out, man, but for now on call me Erik. Mr. Davis is my old-ass dad over there." I told him with a smirk.

Everybody laughed except Pops.

"Ya'll got one more time to call me old," he threatened which just made everybody laugh harder.

_________________________________

A / N :

Hope you guys liked :)

More to come soon.