Chapter Twenty-Nine -- Bells Are Ringing & They Ain't Christmas Bells

"Niggas be on that bullshit. Havin' us lookin' foolish. Can't keep lettin'em do this... One minute call us baby, next minute call us crazy. Niggas be on that bullshit..."
-- Sevyn Streeter (B.A.N.S)

Chapter Twenty-Nine -- Bells Are Ringing & They Ain't Christmas Bells

Karly's POV

I stood in Erik's face feeling like I was a cracked wall holding back a ocean of tears. He's starring into my eyes with anger in his, and I know I hit a button that never needed to be hit. Sad thing about it is I know he's right and had no place to be calling the kettle black especially since I had my fair share in the game just as well as he did.

Not having anything else to say, and feeling half ashamed, I turned on my heels to leave but Erik grabbed me.

"You're not leaving me," he said, his large hand wrapped firmly around my arm. There was a flash of sadness in his eyes, but just as quick as a strike of lightning, it was gone and anger came back in place.

I tried pried his hand off of me, but he wouldn't bulge. "Let me go, Erik. I'm just going to the car. I need sometime to think."

He watched me as if he expected me to swear on my Grandma's grave or some shit, but I didn't utter a word. With a warning glare he loosened his grip and I wasted no time getting out of the room filled with tension so thick you could taste it in the air.

I wiped my watery eyes with my two index fingers as I neared the waiting room. I didn't need anybody wondering, damn, what the doc told her?

Since Erik couldn't really drive because of his injuries, I had driven my silver BMW -- well, technically speaking it was Gumbo's but that motherfucka finally dead, and what the fuck can a dead man do with a BMW? Shit, but rot in it. Besides, I've had the car for years and after all of the shit he put me through I deserve it.

Despite Erik's condition, I slid into the passenger's seat instead of the driver's, and as soon as my DKNY jean covered ass hit the car seat, the water works unleashed. If I was never with child, why does it feel like I've just lost one?

I would've bet my best Italian marble hand gun shipped straight from the city itself that I was pregnant. No, I didn't feel a baby kick or no shit like that, but like Beyonce said when she was pregnant, I felt love growing inside of me.

Shit must've just been gas.

When Erik came hopping out of the doctors' office with my medicine prescription in hand, I sobered up. I watched him through the windshield when he suddenly came to a stop at the hood of the car with a look on his face that said, I know this bitch ain't about to make me drive!

In different circumstances, I would've laughed, but right now I couldn't even muster up a smile. I know what Dr. Johnson said was right, Erik and I have plenty of time for kids, but that still doesn't lick my open wound and cover it up with a band aide. Erik really wanted that baby, and I hate to admit it, but I feel a little less than a woman that I couldn't have it for him now -- even after it was a lie at the beginning.

A few more stray tears escaped my eyes before I had a chance to stop them when Erik opened the driver's door. I tried swiping then away with the back if my hand, but I was a minute too late because he leaned his tall frame in the car and asked the obvious, "You crying?"

"No," I lied, turning my head the opposite direction of his, still trying to hold back these damn tears.

He sighed tirelessly before I heard the door shut. I put my head in my hands, not bothering to look around to see where he was going. Twenty seconds later, I didn't need to because my door swung open.

He didn't have to urge me to get out because I got out on my own and hugged his body so close you would've thought we was conjoined. Just from me inhaling his usual scent that always a mixture of Irish Spring shower gel and a few sprits of True Religion cologne made me feel a whole lot better. It was then when I realized I was where I belong. No matter what this man does I will always stand by him even if the road is almost too filled with potholes to go down, I'm in for the bumpy ride until the wheels fall off -- and if they just so happen do, we'll just push that motherfucka.

"I love you, you know that?" he said more than question close to my ear.

He knew I knew that, but I nodded my head anyway.

"And you know that I would never hurt you intentionally --emotionally or physically?"

I lifted my head from his broad chest, wondering where he was going with this. His facial expression gave no hints.

"When you was just about to leave me in there," he shook his head and looked away, "I don't know... I got mad as hell, but a nigga kinda went into panic mode." His brown eyes met mine again. "It made me realize I can't live without you, Karly, and we didn't even break up. I want, naw fuck that, I need you here with me, baby, which is why I want to ask if you would marry me?"

---------------------

A / N :

Middle of the night drop off for the fans of AHB...

I'm tired as hell :-/

Happy Holidays y'all! Since it is that time of the year I'm going to cool off on the back to back drama of this book and show my hood romantic side for Karly and Erik. Its much needed, right?

HARD is off limits tho. They ass crazy over there & it ain't no telling what they got planned, holidays or not.

Hope you enjoy yourselves! (And this chapter)

BTW I literally just made a Instagram so follow me please @RavenBryanna

First 5 followers each get a chapter and message shout out on their book(s)! Just simply comment under my ONLY picture (smh) #Wattpad

Thanks for reading! :)