Chapter Twenty-Three REUPLOAD*

A / N :
Some of you said that you couldn't see this chapter so I uploaded it again. :)

----------------

"You ain't shit, you weren't special 'till I made you so. You better act like you know..."
-- Jhene Aiko (The Worst)

Chapter Twenty-Three -- Ding Dong

Karly's POV

Making my BMW come to a halt in front of the garage doors of our house, I was happy to be home again even after I've been here all day taking online classes. I don't know why, but I've really become a house body. The only thing that can get me it of the house is a fire -- and picking up my sisters from school.

"Here comes your boo," Harmony playfully cooed as she opened one of the backseat doors.

As soon as I turned my head to look behind me Erik was pulling his own BMW next to mine, coming to a screeching halt as he always do.

"If you hit the garage I'm going to be so mad at you," I said as we both got out of our cars. Erik's passenger door opened and Chloe stepped out, her nose and eyes red like she's been crying for days.

"Hey, Chloe," I spoke before hugging her. "Is everything okay?"

She shook her head, pulling away from me.

"Go inside, Chloe, I'll be there in a minute," Erik told her.

She obeyed, and I watched her walk away with my sisters. When I turned back around Erik was in front of me. From the frowned expression on his face I could tell he was pissed.

"I swear to God I was one second away from killing my sister today," he spoke.

I frowned, "Megan?"

He leaned his back against his car before wiping his hand over his face, "Hell yea'."

I could barely believe it. Everybody knows Erik and his sister are closer than conjoined twins and they fight just like any other relative, but for Erik to say he wanted to kill her, especially since he really does do the killing, is a big thing.

"Is it still about her momma?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Nah, it's way deeper than that bullshit." He began to tell me what Gerald did to Chloe a while back and how Megan wouldn't even believe her own daughter. He said she choose him over her.

"Man," I shook my head in pity, "Chloe must feel like--"

"Shit," He finished.

Suddenly, a blue Charger came speeding down our street, whipping seconds later into our driveway like a NASCAR.

Aw, shit.

"Where her ass at," Kaila demanded, getting out of the car before it even came to a complete stop, "'cause me and her ass finna fight. She must be crazy, kicking my grandbaby out of her own damn house. Where is she!"

"She ain't here, Momma," Erik told her.

Ethic shut the driver's door, "Chloe called and told us everything. What's wrong with Megan?"

"It must be that white side in her 'cause us Mitchel's know better than to do some stupid shit like that," Kaila angrily ranted.

"Kaila," Ethic warned his woman.

"Don't Kaila me, Ethic, cause I'm mad as hell. You just don't do no shit like that to your own flesh and blood."

"Chloe here?" Ethic asked.

Erik nodded, "Yeah she's inside."

We three watched him leave in silence before Kaila cleared her throat.

"And you, Miss. Thang," she came over to me and pinched my arm playfully, "What's this I hear about you about to make me a granny? Do I look like I can be somebody's Grandma?"

I looked at her, cocking my head to one side like I was inspecting her, "Hmm... Just a little," I said, holding up my index finger and thumb.

She laughed, hitting my hand, "Whatever, girl. I know I still got it."

"Baby!" Ethic called while coming out of the house, "let's go!"

"We finna go knock some sense in her, baby?" Kaila called back like they were across a football field.

Ethic unlocked his car door, "Yup!"

Kaila grinned before giving Erik and I short goodbye hugs. "I'll see y'all later."

"Aight, Momma," Erik said, "don't do nothing I wouldn't do."

Kaila sucked her teeth, "Boy, don't forget who I am. I've already done everything you wouldn't even think about doing," she said before ducking her head in the car.

As the couple speed away I looked over at Erik and he shrugged his shoulders, "Somebody gotta do it."

******

"Do you think your mom really isn't ready to become a grandma yet?" I asked Erik.

Chloe was feeling a little better and we had just got done eating dinner I quickly prepared. Ethic and Kaila had left hours ago, but what she said was still left floating around in my head.

Erik shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know," he mumbled, his eyes glued to the football game that was on the TV.

I kicked my feet that was in his lap. "Babe! Listen to me."

"I hear you, Kar," he said, his eyes still on the flat screen.

I folded my arms. "Then what did I say?"

"You asked if my momma wasn't ready to become a grandma," he looked over at me with a smirk.

"Well?"

"Well, what?" he shrugged, looking back at the game, "Shit, I don't know, Kar. I think she was just talking shit like she always do, you know how she is. And so what if she isn't? You're having a baby with me not her."

"I know, but on the Steve Harvey Show today Steve said that a man always listens to his Momma befo--"

He shook his head. "I got to get you out of this house tomorrow."

I kicked my feet again, "Babeee!"

He laughed at me, "What? Stop stressing about the small shit, baby. Half of the things my momma say go in one ear and out the other. I'm my own man."

"I know," I half pouted the truth.

The doorbell ringed and I looked at him in question.

"I don't know," he shrugged. I moved my feet, letting him get up and answer the door.

"Wait a minute," I told him, thinking twice and grabbing the gun we kept tapered underneath the couch.

He looked at me weirdly and I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly, "What? You never know."

I let him walk in front of me to the door while I kept the pistol at my side.

"Who is it?" Erik barked at the door, looking through the stained glass that was on both sides.

When there was no reply I raised the gun and unlocked the door. Erik pulled me behind him, "Go back in the living room," he forcibly told me.

I shook my head. "No, who is it?"

Before he could get a word out, the door knob twisted open and I watched in horror as bullet after bullet went into my man.