therapist

day twenty nine; write a scene involving a strong, evident scent or smell.

...

"Do you remember what happened that day?" The therapist asked Belle.

"Of course. How could I forget?" She mumbled in response.

"Tell me everything you remember, Belle."

⤵︎

The blonde, was lying upwards, her pale face to the sky with her eyes closed and her body helplessly on the ground in the alley. Everything about her looked limp, grey and dreary, even her once lively blonde hair. Her blue eyes were open, to which they appeared flat, both in shape and color. The light and the happily familiar sparkle of Emma's eyes had completely vanished.

Dark brown stained puddle like figures surrounded and covered Emma's body. Her clothes had forcefully been torn, and dried blood had taken the spot.

Emma unfortunately had been murdered over two weeks ago, as decomposition had taken most of her lifeless body. Though the features Belle had came to known were still bearable to distinguish.

The smell of the blonde's deceased body was beyond indescribable. Derek had attempted to describe the smell as a rotten corpse with sprinkled sweetness. Once you smelt the awful smell, you couldn't forget.

Belle remembered staring at Emma, in fear, and then not being able to maintain any sort of contact she pushed herself into Derek's arm.

Derek held his girlfriend until Matthew arrived. The boyfriend of the deceased blonde abruptly pushed through the crowd while he yelled through loud cries, "Emma! Derek! Belle!" Once Derek heard his name, he forcefully yelled back. "Matthew!"

Belle turned from Derek's chest to face Matthew. His freshly shaken face matched his new haircut. He was internally a mess, but Belle knew he didn't want to show it out in public like this.

"What's going on? Where is Emma? Is she okay? I need to know if she's okay or else I'm going to-" Matthew interrupted himself as he finally took in the sight of his once loving girlfriend, on the ground. "Emma," he gulped as he fell on his knees in front of her and started uncontrollably weeping.

"I'm so sorry," the officer from earlier came over to Matthew. "They have to take the body to the morgue."

"Please don't take her away from me," Matthew cried as he touched Emma's cold arm and jumped due to the iced skin.

"I have to, I'm sorry. Please step away."

"No!" Matthew fiercely yelled back to which multiple officers came over to Matthew, and carried him away.

"There's nothing to see here anymore! Go home!" The commander of the policemen commanded rudely.

Derek led Belle to his car, knowing she couldn't bare to go home.

The rain harshly poured down as Belle weeped in the passenger's seat of Derek's car as he drove.

"It's going to be alright Belle," he reassured his girlfriend countless times.

"Okay," she mumbled under her breath, not sure whether to believe him or not.

⤴︎

"I don't remember much after that," Belle whispered sadly.

"It's fine, you're time is over. I'm sorry about your loss, she's in a better place."

"I hope so," the brunette added as she packed up her things and left.