knock-out

check out "pickup lines" on my wattpad.

*notice "someone's" absence in this*

day eleven; write a scene where one of the characters is a musician.

...

"Good afternoon, beautiful!" Derek greeted Belle with a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi, Derek! Are you free tonight?"

"No, I have a gig with my band at the pub across Willow Highway."

"Can I finally go?"

"You know how I feel about that, Belle."

"Oh." The brunette sighed depressingly.

Derek and Belle had an odd relationship; Belle never had such a strange connection to another like this.

They went on dates like a normal couple, Derek brought her flowers and wrote long, beautiful, and sentimental notes across her office. He would pick her up from work on his free days, or when he couldn't he would visit her in the late evening. The two would share very intimate moments, but didn't have an "official label,"
and that bothered Belle, a lot.

"Have you heard from Emma yet?" He questioned.

"Unfortunately, no." The brunette spoke with her typical sad eyes.

"I hope you do, Belle." He replied sincerely. "I know how much she means to you."

"I just feel so empty, I miss her!" A small tear was on the edge of leaving Belle's eye.

"I know, I know. Shh, don't cry." Derek whispered as he grabbed Belle and pulled her into his grasp. "How about to get your mind off things, you come watch me perform tonight?"

"I thought you didn't want me too?" She sniffled.

"Nonsense! I just don't like the atmosphere, it's not safe for a pretty girl like you." The boy said with a warming smile.

"O-okay," she mumbled.

"Now go get ready, sweetheart." He cheered the brunette on as he let her go and headed for the door. "I'll see you later!" He yelled.

"See you!" Belle replied as she ran to the bathroom.

~

"Stay by me, Belle." Derek whispered as he snaked his arm around her small waist.

Belle did as she was told; following her unofficial boyfriend around the pub, staring judgmentally at the rough people around her. He led her to a small table in front of the higher raised panel lying across the floor; it was a sad excuse of a stage, but this gig meant a lot to Derek.

The two sat in the uncomfortable seats, that were made of a tacky leather. Belle and Derek gabbed constantly until a voice interrupted them.

"Derek!" Another man yelled signaling Derek was the next act.

"Goodbye, Belle."

"You know I hate 'Goodbyes.'"

"Oh yeah I'm sorry, but what is the reason behind that?"

"'Goodbye' is a term used as a parting, or like a final send-off." Belle shifted uncomfortably in her seat. "I can't lose you, like I lost her."

"Derek! We're up in five!" An unfamiliar man yelled.

"I'm sorry, please continue later." The boy with the light brown hair rose from his seat across from the girl, and kissed her on the cheek.

"Derek, what are we?" Her voice stopped him in his place, and made him turn around to face her.

"What do you mean?" Derek sat back into his seat across from her.

"We have been seeing each other for over three weeks, but we don't have an official label."

"Ahhh, that's what you meant."

"Of course that's what I meant!"

"So."

"So, what am I?"

"Beautiful, important, definitely a knock-out," he commented with a cheeky smile. "...admirable-"

"That's not what I meant," Belle blushed as she playfully pushed Derek's arm.

"I wasn't finished," Derek spoke and waited for the brunette to nod attentively.
"My girlfriend." He added before he walked away to perform at the small pub.