Chapter 17: Footprints

(Ok, admit it, who thought of the poem? XD)

"It's gone. Where did it go?" Kai spun around to face Cole, Zane, and Nya. "Did someone move it? It was right there!" He pointed to the spot on the counter where he left the teacup. 

"No one touched it Kai." Zane said. Nya nodded in agreement. "We were all with you or Jay." She added. 

Cole walked over to the counter. He ran his hand over the spot where Kai said the tea was. Then his gaze dropped to the floor and he gasped.

 The others heard it and joined him by the counter.  There, on the floor was a small dirt footprint.

 "Guys, isn't that the same footprint from Lloyd's room?" Cole pointed to the footprint on the floor. "Yeah, it is." Kai replied. 

"I just scanned this. Its...its the same size as Skylor's shoes." Zane said, glancing at Kai. "Skylor. Didn't. Do. This." Kai huffed. He closed his eyes and breathed. He exhaled then took a step in front of his friends. 

"It just doesn't make sense. I know she wouldn't do this, but, who would?" Kai asked. He looked at the footprint, then at his friends' faces. 

They wouldn't make eye contact with him.

Kai stomped his foot. "Don't you trust me?" He asked in a gruff tone, his gaze passed from Cole, to Nya, to Zane, and back again. Nya was the first to look at him in the eye. 

"Of course we trust you Kai," Nya placed a hand on her brother's shoulder. "We're just all a bit on edge since...well ya know, Lloyd went missing, you and Jay passed out, its a lot to take in." She said softly. 

"Yeah, I understand Nya, but I need more answers." Kai headed toward his room and Zane, Cole, and Nya watched him go.

A few minutes later Kai walked out toward the front door with his black backpack and his red hood from his hoodie over his head. 

"Where are you going?" Zane asked. Kai turned around to face them. "I'm going to get more answers, and if I'm lucky, maybe find Lloyd." Kai walked out the door leaving them in silence. 

—————————————————————————-

Ok, there's something I need to say. I really do appreciate all the votes, reads, comments, followers, and fans!

BUT. 

I seem to be getting alot of greenflame fans....

I'm personally not a greenflame fan and that's not what this story is. I mean, it's in the description, and kinda in the title. Just want to make that clear. I personally think of Kai and Lloyd as brothers or best friends. 

All Im really saying is that this isn't greenflame. Sorry if its not what you thought it was.So I hope you guys understand, and I also understand if you don't wanna read this anymore. 

But thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments, it really does mean a lot to me! Greenflame fans or not, I love all you guys!!!! ❤️💚❤️💚

Have a nice day/night!