Chapter 16: Awake

Kai heard voices around him. He tried to make them out. "It seems.....we're going down.....one. Who's next?" He heard a voice that was a bit raspy. 

"Cole! Don't.. that!" Kai then heard a voice that was higher pitched and less raspy then the last one. 

"Kai seems to be gaining consciousness." He heard a voice with a more robotic tone than the others. 

Kai slowly blinked his eyes open. Everything was blurry, he saw shades of black, white, tan, red, and blue. He blinked a few more times to clear his vision, his head was pounding. 

"W-what..happened?" He spoke quietly with a weak tone. He brought his hand to his head and ran his hand through his hair. 

"We were hoping you could tell us." He heard the raspy voice again. He blinked his eyes a few more times as his vision cleared. He saw Cole in front of him, Nya was kn his right side, Zane on his left. 

"I don't know, all I remember is the strange tea and-" Kai started but he was cut off by his sister. 

"Jay said something about strange tea too." Nya thought out loud. Cole glanced her way. "Hey your right." He said, and he looked back at Kai. 

"What else do you remember Kai?" Zane asked. Kai thought for a minute. "I know this sounds crazy, but the foam on the surface spelled.." He paused.

 "What did say Kai?" Nya asked, urging him to continue. 

"It's spelled my name."  Kai said. 

"What?!" Cole said with disbelief. "I know, it sounds crazy but it's true. It spelled my name then I had this sudden urge to drink it." Kai replied. 

"Did you drink it?" Zane asked him. Kai nodded his head. "After that everything went black and now here I am." Just then something clicked in Kai's head. "Oh! It was the tea! Wait a minute, how long have I been out?" He asked, looking at Zane.

"A few hours." Zane answered. Kai's eyes widened. "I need to find that tea!" He said as he started to get out of bed but Cole stopped him. 

"Whoa whoa whoa! You need to take it easy, we don't know what was in that tea." Cole said, placing a hand on Kai's shoulder. Kai looked at him. 

"I'm fine." He pushed Cole's hand away and got up. "Wait, where's Jay?" He asked, looking at Nya. 

"He woke up about an hour after you passed out, he's ok now." Nya answered. Kai nodded as he walked out of the room and headed toward the kitchen. "Guys..." 

Cole, Zane, and Nya followed him. "What?" Cole asked. 

"The tea is gone." 

————————————————————-

Hope you liked this chapter, I know it wasn't that interesting, but it will get better! This chapter was more of a filler. 

Btw, does anyone know what the quote at the top means? I've had it for a couple months and I'm still not sure what it means. 

Also, IM SO AMAZED EVERYTIME SINGLE TIME I LOOK AT THE VEIWS, READS, WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL IT. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!! ITS UP TO OVER 700!!!!

And I love all the positive comments and votes :) it really makes my day, thanks guys :D

Welp, have a good day/night.