Chapter 7: Homefront

It was the weekend after the whole Bialya incident, and the B-man decided to let Robin have a few days off. So, naturally, he went on a date. It was a simple thing, just hanging out in the park, but it was special. Dick wouldn't let go of your hand. Eventually, you got concerned.

"D, what's wrong?" You asked. The two of you were sitting on a park bench. He looked away.

"N-nothing. It's nothing." He used his free hand to wipe his eyes.

"Richard. What's wrong?" He gulped and looked at you. A few tears leaked from his eyes.

"You remember how I told you we went to Bialya?" He asked. You nodded. "Well, that wasn't the full story. We got our memories wiped. I forgot about you, (Y/N). When I remembered, it was one of the most awful feelings I've ever had. A-and I couldn't do anything about it. I just-" You smiled and cut him off by kissing his cheek.

"It's okay, D. I'm here." You said. He let go of your hand and grabbed your face to kiss you softly. He rested his head against yours.

"Hey (Y/N)... Do you remember the song you made me learn when we were younger? The one you said was 'our song'?" He said, and you laughed.

"Of course I do, Dick." You cleared your throat.

(Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPDBApS9C3s)

"Wise men say, only fools rush in, but I can't help, falling in you... Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can't help, falling in love with you."

"Take my hand. Take my whole life too. For I can't help, falling in love with you... " His voice was slightly husky from crying. You smiled and wiped a tear off of his cheek.

You sang together, "Wise men say, Only fools rush in. But I can't help falling in love with you."

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can't help, falling in love with you." On every part, he echoed you.

"And I can't help, falling in love with you." Together, again.

At the end, he kissed you softly.

"Thanks." He said.

"I wasn't lying, it is our song." You said.

~~

September 22nd. The first day of school at Gotham Academy. Wally had already started school a few weeks ago, and he wouldn't stop complaining.

"(Y/N). (Y/N)!" You groaned and pulled your covers over your head. "C'mon, kiddo, we're going to be late!" You sat up and look over. Wall stood by your bed, arms crossed.

"First day of school? Remember?" He said and waved his hand. Your eyes widened and you cursed, jumping out of bed. Wally laughed. "Mom's got breakfast on the table." You nodded in acknowledgment.

You threw on the school uniform of Gotham Academy, touched up your hair, and ran downstairs.

"Morning sweety!" Your mom called, putting your plate on the table.

"Morning mom, morning dad." You said and scooted your chair into the table.

"Morning, munchkin." Your dad said as you shoveled food into your mouth, "Ready for your first day of high school? It's still kind of insane that Bruce Wayne himself is paying for your tuition at Gotham Academy. And that Barry's letting you use Justice League tech to get there." You nodded.

"The only downside," You said with your mouth full, "Is waking up so early because of the time difference."

Wally stuck his tongue out.