Chapter 30

OMG I can't believe it. This is chapter 30! Not even I thought I would be here. Anyway sorry for updating so late, but considering this might be the last chapter before the epilogue I was wondering what to write. I'll just have to see how it goes while writing, so here the chapter!

*Chapter Thirty*

Mai's pov

You would think that's when everything hit the fan. When someone walks through your door telling you the war is on. You'd probably think all hell broke loose. Well then, you'd probably be right. Although we may have been caught off guard, but we've been preparing for this war for some time now.

The man that came through the door was dead. He didn't smell like a werewolf, but everyone there knew he was one. He was shot in the back. Squarely in the middle. We could hint at what it meant, but we couldn't be sure. No, we wouldn't be sure until we saw it with our own eyes.

Women and children who weren't in the battle were herded to safe places. Medical supplies set out awaiting to be use for the wounded. The dead man at the door removed until a proper burial could take place. Then it was time to let them know that the battle has begun. All the packs who came to help and the natural wolves. Alphas stayed in there human forms as did the beta's. Everyone else in wolf form.

We didn't know how close they were and we didn't need them any closer to the pack house, so we went to them. We didnt't run there, but we didn't walk there either. We wanted to save energy, but we didn't know how useless that would be until after. We came upon a clearing. One I haven't seen in a long time. Probably back when I was a pup.

We stopped just before the tree line to look across the clearing. We saw them. Tons of them. It look as if there were more than the eye could see, but that could be a trick of the trees. A tall man about 6'1 came striding out. I could here low growls all around me a he got closer and closer to us. Then he stopped. Right in the middle of  the clearing.

I had a bad feeling. I could feel my hair stand on end. My ears perking up and my tail bristling. I don't like him. He was evil with every sense of the word. I knew exactly why he was standing right there. He wanted to talk before the battle. I suspected he do something underhanded if anyone were to go out there.

"I'll go." I said with a finalized tone.

"No." That was all that Jim said.

"You will let me go Jim. He is planning something devious and I will go. Just me Jim. Trust me." I looked him in the eyes with knowing and determination. I was not going to let anyone else do this. He stared into my eyes and then swiftly planted a passionate kiss on my lips. I was taken aback for a second before I joined in. The kiss was neither long nor short, but it said enough.

'Be save' it said.