Chapter 17

I couldn't keep you waiting too long and I didn't want to lose my ideas so here the next chapter and hope you like it!♥

*Chapter Seventeen*

Jim's pov

The storm had just about cleared up when  I heard pawing at the backyard door. I walked over and open the door. I looked down and there was Mai's pack, but no Mai or Moon for that matter. I searched the wolves for Hemming, Mai's beta. When I found he and we locked eyes, I could tell he had some bad news.

"Alpha's mate, Mai is not here. She went to go look for her missing pup and told me to bring the pack here is she didn't come back before the storm. She also said that she would meet us here. I recommend we wait for two hours or three and if she doesn't come by then, we should begin a search for her."

"She's missing?"I couldn't rightly believe it. When? Where? How? I had so many questions, but I knew I had to be clam and wait. My wolf was going crazy, but I knew I should wait because I trusted her to take care of herself. Yet as soon as it passes three hours, I'm looking for like a dog looks for a bone (pun totally intended).

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Mai's pov

I woke up to licks of my pup. I opened my eyes and lick his face. He was alive!

"What were you doing playing by the cliff Moon?"

"I was playing with the other pups when I was baby bear cub and I followed it. I was going to the cliff and I was trying to warn it that it was there,but then it noticed me and it got scared and ran up a tree. I tried to calm it down, but that's when it's mama came. It chased me over the cliff and I fell. I don't remember much after that."

"That is good of you my pup, but you shouldn't do that unless you know how to protect yourself."

"Yes mama."I licked him a few more times and got up for the journey home. I heard a roar that echoed against the wall of the cave. If I was not mistaken, that was a bears roar. I guess this is where that mother bear and her cub lived.

I got over Moon in a defensive position. The bear's shadow came closer to the light of the opening part of the cave. It was a big black bear and a small brown bear cub. She growled loudly and it bounced of the walls of the cave. It echoed for a long time. 

"Wait!"

"Wait? Why wait? You are the intruder."

"No, I will be leaving shortly. I just passed out from being extremely tired."

"Tired?"

"Yes, but me and my pup will be leaving you and your pup alone."

"Mama, that's the wolf pup that told me there was the cliff!" The little brown cub stated.

"Really child?"

"Yes, but then you chased it off the cliff because you thought it was a grown up wolf."

"You are not a grown up wolf?"

"No mam. I just look this big because of what my mama is."

"Oh, then I am sorry about this. How did you get out of the river?"

"I saved him and then I brung him to your cave to rest until the storm was over."

"Stay longer and have some fish as an apology."

"Thank you, but  . . . . . "

"Can't we mama?" I looked at him. He gave me his puppy dog eyes. I as a mother couldn't stop myself from loving that face.

"Fine, but not for long. I have to get back to the pack soon."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I just didn't want you to be left in the cliffhanger, but then again how long are they going to be there? Is it going to be way past the two to three hours? Will Jim wait any longer before he goes berserk? I update maybe tomorrow night or friday. Who know's, but don't forget to:

COMMENT!!! 

VOTE!!!

FAN!!!