Chapter 31

The next chapter pplz so I won't hold you up here it goes.

*Chapter Thirty-One*

Mai's pov

Growls and gunshots rang the air as the battle rage between the wolves and the hunters. Blood everywhere. By now you could have guess that we've seen what these hunters have been doing to the rest of our kind. And we have. It is a revolting sight. More beastly that any of us could have been to them. I could feel it as the wolf was ripped from the human and could tell that I wasn't the only one.

Many on both sides were dead, but there seemed to be no end to the fighting. On the far side of me I could see Pete fighting and just behind him a man with a gun. No one was close enough to reach and save him. The man smiled and began to pull the trigger. Like I said, he began to pull the trigger, but he didn't get to finish as he was mowed by a flash of brown fur.

It was Millie. A bear that I had stayed with after a storm when Moon had gone missing. Moon had saved Roe - Millie's cub - from going over a cliff, but ended up falling from it himself. Millie would stand up and swing her front paws killing men with single blows. A mother is a force to be reckoned with.

Still the battle rage on. Would it never end? Too many of us were beginning to fall and it was time I started using my powers. Why I haven't use them is purely because they are draining. If I used them at he beginning I would have never seen the end. Talking to the forest was not going to help me unless they could tell me reinforcements were coming. The moon was not out so getting strength from the moonlight wasn't going to happen anytime soon. Trying to use the wind would deplete my energy to much and should only be used as a lat resort.

My alpha voice could put my own pack at risk and it wasn't worth it, so that left growing. I could only do it for so long though. It may suck less energy from me than using the wind, but it still does a toll on me. I got as far away from the battle as I possibly could. I concentrated on growing quickly knowing my help was need and the longer I took the more of us that died. The better chance that I could be in danger. The greater chance that my unborn child was in danger.

I could feel it finally starting. There would be no bones breaking for this transformation. Only the feel of pain as my muscles and bones are pulled and stretched making me longer, wider, and bigger. I could hear the trees whine as my growing body pushes at them for room. Expanding, the trees finally begin to fall as I am now to big to fit in the forest. I am as tall as a redwood tree when it was all over with.

With no need to run, I step into the clearing squashing all the hunters in my path. I can feel the gunshots hit me, but they never pierce the skin. The hunters start falling back into the forest and I do not follow. I can't very well destroy all the trees. Then all well have is a giant clearing and no forest. I could already feel this form taking a toll on my energy. I wouldn't be able to stay in this form for much longer and then they'll be back.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Jim's pov

She was ginormous. The hunter's that didn't notice the big looming shadow over them were crushed under Mai's paws. They started to retreat back into the forest after noticing that there bullets weren't working with her.

Mai bought us some time to take the injured back to the back to the pack house, but I suspected she wouldn't be able to stay that way for long.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Unknown's pov

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It was giant wolf as big as an industrial building. The wolf took it's paws and crush some of my men. They began shooting at it frantically and when they realized it had no effect they retreated into the forest. I went along with them.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Mai's pov

I couldn't hold this shape anymore so I backed up into the forest I had mowed down earlier. Seeing this, the hunters took their chance and came out of the forest guns - a - blazing. I had to rest. I could do nothing for now until I regained some of my strength back. I watched as the last of hunters and the last of the wolves battled on.

Jim was helping his brother Tom with a hunter when I saw it. That man from the clearing came behind him with his gun up pointing directly at Jim's spine. I was to shock to react. I watched helplessly as the scene unfolded before my eyes. The man pulled the trigger.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

One of my best cliff hangers ever! Suffer! Suffer my fans until you can't help, but want more! Ha Ha Ha! Don't forget to:

COMMENT!!!

VOTE!!!

FAN!!!