Chapter 27

Hello again! This might not be a long one because I'm not feeling like writing this week, but I think I owe it to myself and my fans and all the other readers who read this book so here you are.

*Chapter Twenty-Seven*

Mai's pov

After spending time with Jim, I decided to spend some time in the woods alone. I have't been by myself lately. I shifted and headed into the forest and traveled towards my old territory. I remember when I first met Jim. It was when we were hunting for deer and my pack scared them off after the hunt. I wonder if Jim and his pack ever found any other food that day.

I strolled up to my old den and went inside. I remember giving birth to Moon and man did that hurt. He was so cute when he was a pup with his tiny ears and tail. I suddenly want to have more kids. I wanted more kids with Jim. I couldn't do that now with the war coming up and all. I it wasn't a safe time to be having pups even though some of the females in the pack are already pregnant.

I felt so at home with the familiar scents, that I fell asleep. After a while my teachers showed up. I looked at them and I knew something was up. Even though their eyes always showed a vast amount of wisdom, the look in their eyes right now made my stomach clench and tighten.

"This will be your greatest challenge young one."

"Are they near?"

"They are getting closer by the days and the hours."

"Will you tell me how much time?"

"We don't know exactly, but probably one to two weeks." That made my heart drop. Were we prepared enough for this?

"How many of them are there?"

"Two to your every one." That's means that there twice our size, but if our side took down two each, we might make it. I know that was probably the only thing we could do, but the other packs that were fighting with us were not prepared for them. They had less time to train. I still couldn't believe that they joined knowing the situation, though I was grateful for it.

"You must realize all your powers young one. We unfortunately can't tell you what it is."

"You are talking about the one that you're unable to teach me."

"Yes, but we think it will show it self soon. Most likely during battle."

"Is that everything you came to tell me?"

"It's seems we've have taught you well young one. No, it is not the only thing we came here for." I frowned. What else could they possibly come here to tell me about?

"What is it?"

"Have you noticed anything different in your pack lately?" I thought on it?

"No."

"We don't only mean the natural wolves young one, we also mean your mate's pack." My face scrunched with thought as I tried to think of anything that could have been different.

"Sorry, but I can't seem to think of anything."

"It was something you talk to the females about recently." Ugh. I hated when they didn't get straight to the point, but that's how they taught me how to learn. It always annoyed me. I took a quick second on the new information to think about it.

"There was mention that there was another female pregnant, yet I don't know who it is because her scent is everywhere."

"Yes and how did you find out you were pregnant with Moon?" Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt like the stupidest wolf right now. When I was pregnant with Moon, no one in the pack was pregnant at that time, but the scent of a pregnant female lingered everywhere. I still don't understand why I couldn't smell where it was coming from. Who it was coming from.

Me. I was pregnant.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

CLIFFHANGER! YAY! Hope you guy's enjoyed this chapter as much as I did by messing with you guy and handing out this cliffhanger! :3 Don't forget to:

COMMENT!!!

VOTE!!!

FAN!!!