Chapter 21

BREE’S POV

 The first day went really well; on the way home I dragged Louis into Publix to go grocery shopping. Never go shopping on an empty stomach; you come out with 200 dollars worth of food! We arrived home and unloaded the groceries, while I put them away, Louis went into the bedroom to change, he emerged five minutes later in sweats and a Leeds Festival shirt. “I am going to go change! Meanwhile think about what you want for dinner, chicken, pork roast, salmon, pasta, or P.F Chang’s orange chicken!” I announced walking towards my room. I went through the clothes that I transferred from my suitcase to my dresser. I found a pair of sweats and an old choir competition shirt; I left my hair in the bun. I slipped on a pair of British flag socks and shuffled to the kitchen to find Louis looking at the salmon. “Fishy it is then!” I said, washing my hands and grabbing a pan, a lemon, some garlic, green onions, butter, a chef’s knife and a cutting board along with a series of small bowls. I began chopping the green onions and mincing the garlic, then I sliced the lemon in half and grabbed my juicer, juicing the lemon over the bowl. I combined the garlic, lemon and green onions in a bowl with the butter and put in the microwave for a minute. In that time I grabbed my phone and put on my Lady Gaga album, and began to wash the dishes. When the microwave beeped I took out the bowl and set the salmon in the baking dish, I poured the hot mixture over it and put it into the preheated oven and checked the clock. “Whenever I’m dressed cool my parents put fight, and if I’m a hotshot mom will cut my hair at night!” I sang to Lady Gaga’s song Hair as I dried the dishes and put them away. Just as I finished the dishes I looked at my kitchen clock, I had a half an hour, I pulled some red bliss potatoes out of the fridge and set them on the stove in water to cook, alongside some green beans. I took Lady Gaga off and put on my entire list of music, but the first song was Alejandro by Lady Gaga. “She’s got both hands in her pockets, and she won’t look at you, won’t look at you. She hides true love in su bosillo, got a halo ‘round her finger around you. Don’t call my name, don’t call my name Alejandro, I’m not you babe, I’m not your babe Roberto, don’t wanna kiss, don’t wanna touch, just smoke my cigarette and hush. Don’t call my name, don’t call my name Fernando!” I belted, draining some water out of the potatoes and putting the back on the stove. I felt Louis arms wrap around me. “Dinner almost ready?” he questioned. “Almost… twenty more minutes!” I said and he detached his arms from me. “What about this band don’t you like them?” Louis said, as ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ popped on. “I love them!” I said, laughing. “You’re insecure don’t know what for, turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or. Don’t need make up to cover up; being the way that you are is enou-ou-ough! Everyone else in the room can see it everyone else but yo-ou! Baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way the that you flip you hair get me overwhelmed but when smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell, you don’t know, oh-oh your don’t know your beautiful!” Louis sang to me. I blushed and looked down, “What is your favorite song?” he asked me, lifting my face up. “Moments” I said turning to check the food.

“Shut the door,

Turn the lights off,

I wanna be with you

I wanna feel your love.

I wanna lay beside you;

I cannot hide this

Even though I try

Heart beats harder,

Time escapes me,

Trembling hands

Touch skin

It makes this hard girl

And the tears stream down my face

If we could only have this life

For one more day