Chapter 11

Its morning again, I think? I can’t see any daylight in this room. Six hours passed and we are still in deeper grounds. Haymitch, Finnick and I are in the canteen eating our breakfast with Gale. Prim and Mom are busy checking the residents for any injury after the bombing. Peeta is right, thank God he saves us all. Coin now owes him big time for saving her troops, her people and herself.

We went back to upper lever grounds after a while and we can see minimal damage on it. Maybe broken windows or damaged walls but they can fix it in no time. I went back to my room to rest more. I’m so tired from all of this, I still think of Peeta, how he is now. Snow’s probably killing him at this moment, I cried onto my pillow and think. I wish Peeta could hear me, I wish I could send him a message telling him his not alone. That I’m here for him, that we’re having a baby and we’re just here waiting or maybe I wish I could get him out there. I wish Coin would allow me to rescue him from the Capitol.

I hear a knock on my door and I quickly dry my face up from my tears. It’s been an hour of me sobbing on my pillow. I hear a voice say something but I don’t understand what he says I just shout to him “wait a minute!” I opened the door and saw Boggs standing there.

“Soldier Everdeen, President Coin wants to speak with you.”

“Why?”

“About the propos. She wants you to do another one above ground so the Districts will see what the Capitol did to Thirteen.”

I immediately thought about Peeta, I know if I did another video and they showed it in the Capitol, Peeta will be tortured. Again! Because of me! “I’m sorry. I-I can’t do this anymore.” Then I close the door, I thought I closed it though but it didn’t shut completely. Boggs has his hands way before it shuts and quickly opens it. He grab my shoulder and literally turn me around so I face him.

“Hey! I told you. I can’t do this anymore!” I tell him angry

“Can’t do that. You have your commitment to President Coin, remember?”

“I do. It’s just that…I can’t…”

“Why then?”

“Because…because…I can’t…”

Then he grabs my hand and drags me to Coins office. I hate him for doing that. He pushes me inside and my stomach almost hits the table, “Owww!” good thing I covered my stomach with my arms before I hit the table, my arms really hurts from it but still, better be my arms than my stomach. At least I know my baby is safe. Boggs is shocked how easy it was for him to push me like that. Maybe he’s too strong or maybe I’m too weak. Gale then throws a punch to Boggs and screamed at him angry

“Why did you do that? Why did you push her? She just got out of the hospital stupid!”

“She won’t come. She’s needed here.”

“She will go eventually, so why’d you push her?”

Boggs didn’t say anything after that and I can still see Gale’s upset so I approached him.

“It’s okay Gale. Don’t worry.”

“Really? You just got out of the hospital. Are you sure you’re okay?”

I just nodded. I don’t want to talk anymore. I just let Coin speak on whatever she wants to tell us. Haymitch, Finnick, Plutarch, my stylist, the TV crew and Boggs are all in the office with me and Coin.

Coin began talking about the propos that we have to do above ground. It will be us victors talking about our experience in the Capitol and everything we want to tell to the people of Panem. Others agreed on doing the propos even Finnick, I’m shocked that Finnick agreed, I know him not wanting to talk about his experiences and his life. Maybe he’s doing it for Annie Cresta? The love of his life. There’s nothing much that I could do since majority agreed on doing it so by mid-day the TV crew, the victors including me, some soldiers and of course Gale are above grounds.