Chapter 7

Now I can feel more the pain from my stomach as I walk, I tried to ignore it again but it won’t work. I can’t do it, the pain is too much. I fell on my knees with my left hand on the ground and right hand on my stomach. Why does it hurt so much? I have a protective armor on my body that Cinna designed. I cry for help.

“Are you alright?” Gale asks we worrying

“N-N-No!!” I tell him, crying and shaking while placing the earpiece back to its rightful place

“What’s happening to you? Are you shot? Any broken bones?” now Gale is really worried

“No! M-My stomach, it hurts so bad, HAYMITCH HELP!!!” I cried more

“What happened sweetheart? We’re on our way down. Wait for my signal before you go here.” Haymitch says

Here? The drop off? It’s a kilometer or 2 away from us. I can’t walk there, I can barely stand so they lay me on the available bed. I breathe heavily a lot. What’s happening to me? The pain won’t go away and there’s nothing I can do. Boggs, Gale and the other searched for doctors since we are in the medical clinic. I feel something wet between my thighs, I tried to stand and look what it was and when I finally got up my knees begin to shake and saw blood on the white mattress of the bed. Blood coming from me, inside of me. I call for Gale as soon as I saw it.

“GALE! GALE. HELP ME I’M BLEEDING!!!” I’m crying and panicking again and another sharp pain shoots from my stomach. Like someone punching me full force in it. “UGHHH!” I cry loud. I almost fell on to the ground, luckily Gale caught me right on time.

“Gale! P-Please help me. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Please Gale! Ga--” I whisper to him while panting. I’m feeling light headed now. I’m in Gale’s arm and right there I backed out.

Gales POV

“Katniss! Katniss. Wake up. Don’t do this Katniss. Don’t do this!” but I hear no response, I panicked from the idea that I might lose her. My best friend. I yanked her earpiece and started talking to Haymitch.

“Haymitch! Katniss needs a doctor NOW. We need to get her back to 13 now!” I screamed at him

“What happened to her exactly? How is she now?” Haymitch answers

“After we fought the capitol she gave a speech. Everyone’s quiet then she starts to hold onto her stomach and cry. The pain won’t go so I laid her on the bed and we started to look for doctors. Every doctor is dead, she cries louder and stared to bleed. We don’t know what’s happening to her. She’s still bleeding now and she’s unconscious. If she loses more blood I think she’ll die and you won’t have your precious Mockingjay! So help her or I swear to…” Haymitch cut me

“Just relax boy. We’re landing the hovercraft. Meet us back we’re we drop you.”

“Good. Thank you!” I carried Katniss back to the drop off and a trail of blood follows us. The bleeding has to stop or she’ll die soon. We go inside the hovercraft and placed her on the bed they’ve prepared. The doctors started to examine her and then pushes me back. I can see them injecting so much medicine and drugs in her system and place an air support on her face then they closed the door.

Two hours passed and I still have no idea what’s happening to Katniss. They opened the door as soon as we land and rushed her down District 13’s hospital. She’s still unconscious and already looks dead. I see Prim and Mrs. Everdeen, they personally checked Katniss’s status and I see tears on Prim eyes. Prim then walked towards me and asks,

“What happened to her Gale?” Prim said while holding back her tears

“The bombs, they threw us away and she starts getting pains in her stomach and starts bleeding. Is she going to be fine?” I ask her

“We don’t know yet, she lost a lot of blood and still continue to lose more. I have to give her some of mine to steady her system. We still don’t know what causes her bleeding.”

“Take my blood. I’ll give her mine!”

“No Gale. You’re not a match based on the test we did before we enter District 13.” She said and I remember it. Before we enter 13 we have to give them blood sample for identification and medical purposes.

“Okay! Save her Prim. Do whatever it takes!” I hold her shoulders

“I will Gale. We will, I don’t want to lose my sister. I just can’t! I have to go.” Prim says and then entered a room and gathered medical stuffs for blood donation.

I waited outside until they roll her out the emergency room and moved her to an ICU. She’s stable now. Unconscious but at least she’s alive. The bleeding stopped and she’s regaining her color again. That pretty olive skin color and that stable movement of her chest telling me that she’s alive. Breathing and alive.