Chapter 10

People are already inside Coin’s room when Haymitch and I entered. Coin, Plutarch, Boggs, Beetee, Finnick, three more soldiers and even Gale. What are they doing here?

“We have to move out. Fast! The boy is telling us that we’re about to get attacked here in Thirteen!” Haymitch says to them

“Why should we believe him?” Plutarch says

“Where did he even get that information?” Coin added

“He’s being beaten when he said that. I don’t know where he got that information but what more do you need from him? Katniss help me out!” Haymitch tells them angrily, I really don’t know what to say right now and no words are coming out of my mouth as I try to speak

“He’s a traitor!” Gale said, that’s what snaps me back to reality

“NO HE’S NOT! HE’S NOT!” I screamed at Gale as I hit Coin’s table with my hands, it hurts but my focus is on Gale now, how can he even think like that? “He’s being beaten to death and you won’t believe him? I know Peeta, and I know he’s telling the truth.” My emotions then shifted from anger into extreme sadness, I cry quietly as I say to them “He still cares for us, he still cares for me for him to tell that to us even if it cause him his life, even though he knows Snow’s going to beat him more.”

“Well then. We’ll get everything ready. Boggs, prepare the troops for movement. Instruct everyone to make sure all residents here in Thirteen are moved to deeper grounds for safety. Ready the Bunker Protocol for this situation understand?”

“Will follow President Coin” Boggs reply

“Thank you!” I add

“Just make sure your Peeta is telling the truth Soldier Everdeen because if not, you know what I do to someone who makes me waste my time!”

“He is.” I tell her. I really don’t know what she’ll do if Peeta was lying and if all of this was wasted. I guess she’ll void my conditions or throw me out of Thirteen or remove my Mockingjay title. I guess it’s better if she’ll remove my title, I really don’t want it in the first place.