Chapter 49

"PEETA HELP ME PLEASE!" I cry, "Damn it! Stop begging Katniss, he can't open that door. He's weak!" Gale hiss

"Sweetheart what's happening to you? Open the door now!" Haymitch shouts also

"HELP ME! IT'S GALE! PEETA HELP ME!" I shout

"SHUT UP EVERDEEN!" Gale orders me, then I hear the bang on the door getting louder and louder. I just beg that the hinges breaks, Peeta please! I know you can break in, then Gale removes my clothes leaving my under garments before he removes his shirt.

"PEETA HURRY PLEASE!!! PEETA HELP ME!!" I cry louder, Gale was about to remove his pants when I hear a loud BANG then see the door collapse, Peeta soon comes pulling Gale off of me and punching him in the face. Haymitch follows and helps drag Gale away from me. Effie comes rushing to me asking me plenty of questions until she stops and just handed me my clothes back when she realize she's not going to get anything from me aside from sobs.

"Oh Katniss." Effie coos, she takes her bandana off and wipe my tears and sweat gently "This shouldn't be happening to you. I'm sorry."

Then two guards came and took Gale away, I can still hear him shout my name from the hallway. Haymitch and Peeta rushes to Effie and I and they help me stand. I immediately hug Peeta and cry.

"Hey, hey. Shhhh! You're okay now, we're here. Haymitch, Effie and I. We won't leave you." he hugs me back and caresses my back and hair "Stop crying. I know you don't want to talk about it, we don't have to anyway just stop crying okay?" he gently pushes me off, holds my face with both of his hand and just look straight into my eyes "You're safe now, okay?" He softly says to me and I nod, he gives me a quick peck on my lips and hugs me again

"Something's wrong with him, he wouldn't do that to me. I know he would never." I tell them

"Are you sure sweetheart? Based on my observations from previous times you were both together, he seems like he's really into you. I mean, really really really into you. He would even kill anyone who ever touches you, he said so himself."

"I know he said that but I know Gale, he would never hurt me like this." I show them my hands and arms starting to bruise

"Oh my gosh you poor lady." Effie squeals as she grabs and examines my hands and arms "Let's get you to the hospital. Haymitch come on, help me with her."

"I don't need to go to the hospital. I'm fine."

"We do need to get you checked; you could have broken a bone or something Katniss." Peeta tells me

"I SAID I DON'T NEED TO GO TO THAT STUPID HOSPITAL!!!" I shout, I was shocked about my reaction as well but I already said it. There's nothing I could do. I let out a loud sigh and just sit on my bed "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to shout. I don't need to go there, I'm perfectly fine, just get me some water and a pack of ice for my arms." Haymitch and Effie nods then leaves.

"You sure you're okay?" Peeta asks

"Yes. I'm sorry for shouting." I tell him, as much as I try and hold it in, tears still falls from my eyes and quiet sobs still escapes from my mouth. Peeta pulls me into an embrace and whisper

"You don't need to hold it. You can always cry any time and this time you really need to cry out what you feel. You don't always have to be strong; you don't need to hide it from anybody especially not from me."

"He scared me a lot; he threatened our child's life. It's not him to be like that, something's wrong with him."

"We'll get some information if something is really wrong with Gale. By "we" I meant Haymitch, Effie and I. I don't want you coming near him until...."

"You can't restrict me from seeing him!" I tell Peeta

"You didn't let me finish." He sighs, "I don't want you coming near him UNTIL we know for sure that he is fine and stable. I don't want this to happen again especially when you said that he threatened our child's life. Katniss you understand what I mean right?"

"Yes I know; you're right. I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Haymitch and Effie return with bottles of water and ice. Effie comes to me and gives me everything they got, she sits beside me and hands me the water

"Here you go Katniss, you drink as plenty as you can, you need that. You look dehydrated. Let me see your arms again." I drink the water and show her my other arm. It's starting to bruise on my wrist up to my elbow and shoulder "Oh goodness, you poor girl. Haymitch, please give me the ice pack and my ointment for bruise." He hands her the ice pack and she damps it on my arm

"My ointment?" he throws her a small pink container "This is my lip balm, I asked for my ointment!"

"I don't know what that looks like!"

"The little round container!" he throws her another container

"Haymitch! This is my cream! I asked for my ointment, the little clear container!" Haymitch digs into Effie's purse (that she made herself) but then throws the bag to Effie. Good thing I saw it in time and catch it.

"What's wrong with you?" Effie asked

"I can't find it so you do it yourself. It is your purse, how should I know what an ointment looks like?"

Effie grabs her bag and not a second long she showed us the ointment "Maybe because it has a name on it?"

Peeta and I laugh. She scoops a small amount of her ointment and rubs it gently to both of my arms. It smells like mint, it feels cold but at the same time very soothing.

"You should feel it cooling." Effie says

"It does, it's weird and sticky." I say to her

"Good. It means that it is working. Just leave it there for an hour then wash it. Haymitch and I will go so you can rest for a while."

"Thank you Effie, for everything." She hugs me, kisses my forehead then grabs Haymitch's ear and practically drag him as they leave. We can still hear Effie's high-pitched voice lecturing Haymitch on the hallway. "Why did you throw my bag? You could have broken my stuffs!"

"Effie sounds like an annoyed mother." Peeta says

"Well Haymitch did act like a spoiled brat earlier." I say and we both laugh, Peeta and I lay on our bed and talk for a while, anything we could talk about just to pass the time.