Chapter 5: One Eye Open

Here you guys go :) Hope you guys enjoy it :)

*

*

*

*

Chapter 5

8 Lives- One Eye Open

Renessmee's Pov

I rested my head in the soft white pillow, but sleep never came. My body itself was tired, but my brain was on full alert. I lifted my left hand up to my face and stared at the blue ring with hearts. It was the most gorgeous ring I had ever seen in my life, but I felt so uneasy about everything.

Perhaps it was just cold feet getting to me early.

I slipped my hand under my pillow, not expecting to find anything, but did. A papery texture met my fingertip making me shudder. It was the same texture as the other anonymous letter that I had gotten. And it was the same place just as before. I shakily brought my hand, alongside the letter, into my eye sight. I flipped open the letter and read it.

It seems you are feeling uneasy, I saw you when you kissed Joseph, you didn't look that into it. You are just going to lead him on, just how you lead the rest of the world on.

Better break it to him now that you don't love him.

I started to hyperventilate at the very thought of someone else knowing my emotions. I put the letter in my diary and lied face down on my pillow. My phone vibrates on my night table, indicating that I got a message.

I moved my hand to my purple night table and snatched my phone shakily. I looked onto the screen of my phone, feeling my heart stop beating at the message.

Sweet dreams Renessmee~ Blocked Number.

The blood that ran through my body went cold. My whole body felt cold. Fear crept into my body as I snuggled closer into the warmth of my blankets.

Sleep was inevitable, I could not sleep. I had to figure out what was happening. I went to my diary and took out the two letters. I brought them both to my nostrils, but there was not a scent on them.

Not a clue to find out who sent them.

I sat down at the edge of my bed and moved my hair out of my chocolate brown eyes. This is too much, maybe I am looking into this too much. Or maybe I am not. I fell back onto my pillow staring up at my my ceiling wall as if there was an answer there. Sleep came to me, though I wish it hadn't.

I was running in pitch black darkness, the only thing I heard was the crunch of leaves under my feet. It was from something.

No, someone. I was on a chase.

Tree branches hit my face, making blood drip ever so slightly down my cheek and onto the soft soil. My breathing stops up my throat as my sensitive ears hear footsteps trailing behind me. I push my legs faster, but there isn't much faster. This is my speed, whoever is behind me will get me.

I can feel the presence of another lurking over me, waiting for the precise moment to come and take my soul away from this earth. My mind was else where and I did not see the tree that was before me. My skull hurt from the impact of the tree trunk. Specs of wood lay disseminated into the open air. My body recoiled from the bark and I now lay flat on my back. Dust collides around me making it impossible to see and partially impossible to breathe. Darkness crept in and I could not find the energy within myself to get up.

I felt restrained.

Nothing in me wanted to function. My fingertips are the only thing that was movable, but all I felt in my body was pain. My toes felt on fire, my whole body felt as if it were being flamed. Just then a masked figure came forth. The masked figure stares at my limp body, while I am trying to ask for help.