Chapter 3: Pressured

Hey guys! I am still alive!! Just with really bad Internet, but here is the next chapter, it's kind of a little plugin of a filler but okay then. Don't want to keep you guys waiting to long !

Here you guys go, I hope you enjoy!

*

*

*

*

*

*

Chapter 3

8 Lives- Pressured

Joseph's Pov

She said yes! My forest green eyes stared up towards her twinkling brown ones; I could not be a happier man.

I stood to my full height and slipped the ring on her frail finger. My forehead rested on hers, and I brought my lips to her soft ones. My lips moved with hers with passion, which she gladly returned. After a few minutes I pulled back resting my forehead against hers.

" Thank you." I whispered into her right hear and watched as she shivered inwardly. I knew it was not from the cold, but from the closeness of my body.

" Well we better eat before the food gets cold." I piped up and pulled unwillingly away from her warmth. I opened the basket and began taking the items out. There were sandwiches, fruits, and some water and soda. Something is telling me that the soda and water was a supplement for some wine.

" Water or soda?" I asked my love. When I didn't hear a reply, I looked up from the delicious food and stared at Renessmee's figure right beside me.

" Love?" She still didn't respond.

She looked as if she were thinking really hard on something. Her brown eyes were scrunched closed and her shoulders were hunched over the roses set before her. When her eyes opened she stared at the red rose pile.

She picked one up, and brought it to her nose and inhaled it's sweet scent. She sighed lightly to herself before setting the rose down on the smooth blanket. She must have felt that I was watching her because in the next second she turned towards me.

In her eyes I saw a reflection of myself. I looked like a little boy who just got the candy he wanted at a candy store. I took in her features and noticed that she looked tense. Was it something I did?

Did she already regret saying yes to

me?

" Love." I called and she nodded her head at me indicating that she was listening to every word that I was going to say.

" Are you okay?" I rested my oversized hand, compared to her slender shoulders, and gently rubbed them to make her seem at ease.

" Why wouldn't I be?" She finally responded as she smiled brightly at me.

But it was not a real smile.

It looked forced. There was something that was bothering her. And I believe that it was my proposal. I am possibly going to regret what I am going to say next for all eternity.

" If you don't feel right being my fiancé, I understand. You got out of an engagement five months ago, and maybe we are moving a bit too fast. I apologize for not seeing you as clearly." All this time I was keeping a straight face when all I really wanted to do was cry as pain crept me inside and out at the very thought of her not being my fiancé.

She took a deep breath and let it out staring at the green leaves. She stood up and snatched a leaf from the branch and started to focus on it as if to mesmerize its every feature. I turned my gaze to my palms and stared at them wondering what else I could do.

" When I said yes I meant it Joseph. Never in my life have I met a man like you. You nice, sweet, compassionate; you are every girls dream. You were my rock when I needed you. When my mom left my dad was a reck but you were there to hold me as I cried. You are the reason I am still standing." My angel sounded as she moved back to her original space.

" What were you thinking about when you were focusing on the roses?" I asked. Though I felt relief flood through me at the thought of her still being my fiancé, and soon my wife.

" I was thinking about you. The differences between you and HIM." She stared at the brown soil a she answered.

I knew it was hard for her to talk about her previous fiancé. In truth I wanted to be the one to kill him. The way he treated woman was despicable and he should rot in a bloody hell for that. Renessmee is the most angelic person I have ever met, and for him to manipulate her like that is just horrible.

Where were his morals?!

Something is telling me that his morals went away once Renessmee's mom, Bella, walked out of his life for good and into Edward's arms.

But her answer to me seemed a little vague, but I know better then to press the subject. So I decided to change the topic all together.

" So water or soda?" I asked cheerfully as I saw her laugh out loud at how I was acting. I could be a guy version of Alice, I was literally jumping up and down.

" Water is fine." She snatched the bottle away from my grasp and twisted the lid open with a snap.

" Ham or Turkey?" I asked as I stared at the two delicious sandwiches.

" Turkey." She sweetly replied. I placed the sandwich in front of her and began diving into the delicious sandwich that shall be devoured and into my stomach.

I took monstrous bites until every last crumb was gone. Now I missed my sandwich.

" Hey, look we finished at the same time!" I exclaimed and I pointed to her empty wrapper. It seems I wasn't the only one who wanted to devour everything.

" Yes, indeed." Usually she would be joking around with me, yet here she is with a serious tone. It must be my mind just messing with me, I shrugged off.

"Time to head home before the little Pixie comes and jumps us both." I chuckled. She chuckled alongside, but it seemed forced, not at all like her normal ringing bell laugh.

I packed everything up in the basket and we stood up together. Her eyes shone only with confusion, nothing more, nothing less. And for that reason I still feel that I had pressured her into saying yes to be my wife.

*

Please vote and comment and tell me if you find any mistakes! Hopefully the next chapter shall

Be up soon! :)