Chapter 26: Setting Him Free

Okay the reason why this chapter is delayed is because of similar reasons from the last chapter. Teachers assigning a bunch of homework and way to many talented people on Wattpad. This chapter is also long. I hope the long chapter makes up for my delay :) I hope you all enjoy!

 *

*

*

*

8 Lives Chapter 26- Setting Him Free

Bella's POV

I pressed the phone back to the wall, and rested my fingertips on it for a moment. I removed my hand away from it and pressed my fingers slightly away from the phone- but not far enough to cancel the plans I made. I let a sign escape my lips and let my eyes wander towards the couch I sat mere seconds before Edward disrupted my utopia.

One hour.

That's what I told him. He could come in an hour, but is that enough time to please myself with Jacob? I moaned at just the thought of him. The pit of my stomach erupted into butterflies as I thought of what other activities we could do.

He does have a way with words. The way they drip off the tip of his tongue, giving off such a refreshing and sensual feel afterwards. I righted myself up from my posture- that was leaning- and stared at the open door. The door where Jacob is outside of. The man that I only have an hour with because I have to tell a man that the desires of the past aren't coming back.

"Bella?" Jacob called out as he pressed his feet onto the floorboards, making a creaking sound erupt into my sensitive ears. His advancing shadow from the fluorescent light that hung above gave me chills of gratification. His chocolate eyes met mine, and I felt as if my legs become electrified with his gaze- making my legs unable to hold my body up.

"I'm coming, I just got a call from Edward," I explained to him. I watched his expression turn away from one of passion to one that resembled hatred. His expression stilled- all his features stopped until they had shown one true emotion: Fury.

"What did that blood-- I mean what did he want?" His teeth ground together, and his fists balled up at his sides. His eyes that had shone with love a few second before were now shone with pure anger- not even a smudge of the passion and love evident in his eyes. I cowered away from him, and began to find my voice.

"He wanted me to hang out with him, but I told him to come in an hour because we were busy," I spoke and watched his expression soften. But there was something that bothered me. "Blood-" what was he going to call Edward? As much as I wanted to leave it be, curiosity got the best of me.

"What were you going to call Edward?" I breathed and waited or his response.

"What do you mean? I didn't say anything negative about him."

"Yes you did you said "blood-" but then cut yourself off," I argued.

"Darling, you're hearing things. I would never call anyone names," he soothed and moved towards me.