Chapter 16: Vacant Heart

Hey guys sorry for the long wait! Hope it was worth it ;) well I hope you all enjoy this chapter ;)

*

*

*

*

8 Lives Chapter 16-Vacant Heart

*

*

*

*

Renessmee's Pov

Two of the most important people in my world are both in grave danger. My mother has yet to awaken and my fiancé was just being wheeled away into another room. Carlisle swiftly left- as if feeling the uneasy within me thinking if he were in the hands of another mortal doctor. Mortal doctors do not know the same methods as Carlisle and they never will. Carlisle will be the only one to treat him; I will fend them off if I have to. I was itching to follow Carlisle to see what happened to my precious fiancé but I also wished to stay by my mother'a side.

He had a cardiac arrest, and my heart swelled up in my chest at the thought of me losing him. I cannot lose him. No matter if just a few moments ago I had convinced myself that I can live without him, it is not possible. I am facing facts and reality and I cannot lose my other half; I do not care what he did to me just as long as he is in one piece in the end. Not ashes on the floor we walk on.

" Renessmee you can go." My dad said once he saw that I was looking wan. He knew I wanted to be at both places, but I can not split myself in half now can I. I want to be there from my mom just as she had been there for me through it all. But I would also like to be with my fiancé, to see his forest green eyes flutter open with that gleam in his eyes that tells me that he is going to be alright.

That everything is going to be alright.

" I will call you if anything." My dad reassured in a monotone. We are both feeling the same pain. The pain where we feel that we are going to lose our other half in any moment. I took one more look at my saddened father and turned out the door. My feet padded against the floor as I inhaled Joseph's scent alongside Carlisle's- I was on a mission.

Saving the one's I love from the danger I put them in.

Their scents combined as one when I hit a sharp corner. The empty halls made me exhale in relief. If a doctor came in and saw me- a patient that was recently hit by a car- it would not end well; for either me nor the doctor. I would thrash around and he would probably put something in me to fall asleep. I despise needles so I would fight as if I were fighting to get further away from my death bed, rather than sleeping restlessly.

The smell of medicine filled the hospital- which made me crinkle my nose slightly. Luck was only with me for so long, because there came an approaching doctor. His pitch black hair layered over his deep blue eyes that squinted at me from afar. He cocked his head to the left before starting towards me in a faster pace.

I was caught.

" Excuse me miss you are supposed to be in your room. I am the doctor that is going to be examining you." He looked at my appearance and shook his head lightly. Of course I had to run into this specific doctor.

" You don't understand-" He cut me off. Though it was a good thing he did because not even I knew what I was going to say next.

" That is what they all say. Time to go back." He bobbled his head and moved towards me to guide me from my back.

" My fiancé just had cardiac arrest. Please I must see him." I pled, trying to reason with the doctor.

" But you yourself are in need of medical treatment." He replied while trying to make me move my feet.