Chapter 21: Backstabbed

Hey guys, long time no see. Hope you all enjoy :) 

8 Lives Chapter 21- Backstabbed  

*

Bella's POV

"Jacob, its been such a long time since we last saw each other. The last I remember seeing you was when we were kids playing in the mud." I chuckled as I moved towards him to give him a hug. Though when I went near him a horrid scent filled my nostrils, perhaps he tried a new cologne and it wasn't working out for him. I scrunched my nose and noted myself to try and indirectly bring it up in a conversation.

"Yes, well it seems we have a lot to catch up on." He wrapped his arms around me, and suddenly I realized that he didn't being up the things that I didn't remember. He simply brushed it off because he knew I have had to much to deal with. Only Jacob would do such a nice thing to me; everyone else tried to make me remember, but Jacob was the person who brushed it off to the side and made a clean slate because he wasn't like the rest.

"Yes we do, and quick question do you have a fever or are you sick?" His temperature was as hot as me sleeping on the sun.

"No I'm not sick, why?" He quirked a delicate eyebrow up in confusion while a well known smirk lay playfully on his lips.

"You just seem warm, I thought you were coming down with something." Perhaps I should bring him something to bring his temperature down; with a temperature that high he may be in the hospital soon.

"Same old Bella. The one who cares about everyone else but herself." He chuckled, while my ears perked up. He said same old Bella, does this mean that I haven't lost my self completely? I still have traits that link me to the old Bella; well at least that's what I'm gathering from just a few words.

"Bella, I have to go to work, will you be alright staying with Jacob?" Charlie moved his cop hat over his black hair, covering the bald spot that began to grow since the last time I saw him. He looked shaken at the idea of leaving me so soon, but I knew that he had to work, and so I felt a little pang of regret. I regretted that I wouldn't have time with my father, but I also felt calm because I knew that I would be with Jacob, a friend I haven't seen since I was a child.

"It's fine Charlie, I'll be fine." I assured him as I walked with him towards the door. Resting my hand on his shoulder, he shivered. I removed my touch confusedly and rested my hand behind my back.

I closed the door and heard the squeaking tires as they slid backwards on the drive way. I heard him switching the gears before getting on the main road and diving off. How could I hear everything so precisely? I've never been able to do so before.

"So how about we go to First Beach to relieve the stress and think about everything else later. We can just relax our mind." He quickly interrupted my thoughts, as the subject of the old me because he knew that it caused me to think much more than he wanted me to.