Chapter 22: All Alone

Hope you all enjoy!

*

*

*

*

8 Lives Chapter 22- All Alone

*

*

*

*

Edward's POV

I grumbled under my breath at the Denali's coming at the worst time. I knew they were family, but I would much rather spend time thinking of ways My Bella- if I am still in liberty to call her mine anymore- could remember her past.

"Edward, they are still family. If they wish to come we cannot refuse, no matter the situation." Carlisle spoke his thoughts as he realized that I was too preoccupied with my own to listen.

"With everything going on, I don't think we need more people invading our home. We still need to find out what happened to Bella, and with the Denali's coming it will only distract us." I spoke, keeping my attention focused on the expressions that surrounded me. I didn't give a care for their thoughts, only their expressions. I wanted to see what they felt without actually reading their thoughts.

"Edward we could ask them to help us, perhaps they know a way for her remembrance to come." Carlisle argued. Looking down at my black shoes, because I refused to look them in the eye, I realized that he was right. Somewhere in their frozen hearts they might help us. It's a chance that they are willing to take, and a chance that I have to be willing to take.

"When are they coming?" I replied defeatedly; only now realizing that I should have known never to go against Carlisle's decisions. There is always a great outcome from them, it seems my misery had taken into affect of my century of existence with him.

"They are coming in five minutes." Alice spoke from behind Carlisle, looking at me with sympathetic eyes. I felt as if I needed their sympathy, but at the same time I didn't. I didn't because it was my problems, my life, and I had to figure out what to do with everything. I don't always have to bring them down with me, but we are a family. If one goes down, we all go, though it seems if the bond is a mate between a mate then the whole pair is gone. One cannot love without the other by one's side, it is still a wonder how I am still holding up.

"Why so soon, Alice?" I shifted my feet and looked into her darkening eyes.

"They just want to visit us for a short while. There isn't a definite reason as to why they are coming, it still isn't clear yet." Alice smoothly replied as she searched into the future to see what it holds.

"They never do anything without an intention, an intention that we will soon find out." I stressed. Walking towards the glass window I kept my focus on the face that reflected. My face. The way creased lines on my forehead began to form. The way my eyes glistened with only pain, and somewhat determined.

Pushing my sorrowful thoughts away from my head, I focused on the thoughts that surrounded me and tried focusing on the thoughts that would soon join us. Looking over the river, four graceful figures jumped. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I turned on my heels to head towards the living room.

Once I landed on the second step, there was a light knock on the door. Their thoughts seemed contained, as if giving me only partially what they are thinking. Furrowing my eyebrows together, I focused harder. Moving my feet, I went towards the couch. Not the love seat because as of now I am the only one who is in love and Bella has no idea what the concept of love is.

"Oh, Edward! It's so nice to see you!" Tanya gushed. Her blond hair was curlier than usual, but her possessiveness for me never changed. It says stayed at the same place because it was something that she couldn't give up on.