Chapter 30

(Kristina's POV)

I wake up to an alarm going off again. I look at my clock, and it's 6 in the morning. I don't complain this time because I'm going to Hawaii. This is crazy!

I crawl out of bed and see all of my uncles and Daddy walking around like zombies. It's a pretty funny site. It's way to early for all of us to be awake. I look at Uncle Joe, and I could have sworn he looked different. I rub my eyes to make sure I'm just not seeing things. I wasn't. It was real.

"Uncle Joe! Your hair!" I scream. He jumps at my sudden loudness.

"What?" He asks, shocked.

"It's... it's... gone!" I yell. The bottom half has been shaved off to a stubble, and the top half is about the length of Uncle Pete's hair.

He runs his hand through what little hair he has left. He has a look of pure horror on his face. Uncle Andy and Daddy start laughing.

"April," Daddy barely makes out.

"Fools," Uncle Andy barely makes out.

"I'm going to kill you!" Uncle Joe yells. We all know he's really not. He's just angry.

"You did something to my hair! I'm entitled to do something to yours!" Dad yells.

"Your's washed out, Patrick! Mine is going to take months to grow back!" He yells. He goes in the bathroom to look at his hair. He says, "Hey, you know what? I actually like this."

The look on Daddy's and Uncle Andy's faces was priceless. They both looked dumbfounded.

"Well, this took and excepted turn," Daddy says. Then, Uncle Joe comes out of the bathroom.

"You guys actually did a really good job," he says.

"You're welcome," Uncle Andy snarls. I look out the window, and we weren't parked where we were last night.

"When did we get here?" I ask.

"Last night I parked at this rest stop so I could throw away Joe's hair," Daddy says.

About that time, we hear Uncle Pete yelling, "Guys? Where is my bass?"

"You didn't," I ask, looking at Daddy.

"I did," he laughs.

"Holy smokes," I say, completely surprised that Daddy took Uncle Pete's bass.

"Seriously? Where is it? It was in this spare bunk last night," he says, pointing at the bunk. He looks at around at everybody. When he gets to Daddy, he notices the smirk on his face. "You didn't," he says.

"I'm afraid I did," he says, smiling. Daddy is evil!

"Patrick, I swear if you don't tell me where my bass is..." Uncle Pete scolds.

"Dude, chill out. You don't even need this one for the shows in Hawaii. The one you need is already half way there," Uncle Andy says.

"This is my favorite bass, though! I had this one before Fall Out Boy!" Uncle Pete yells.

"You know, we are at a rest stop," Uncle Andy says.

Uncle Pete looks at me and Uncle Joe, and says, "You don't think..."

"I do," I say. Then, Uncle Pete runs off the bus.

"April Fool's!" Uncle Andy yells. Uncle Pete kept on running. He ran into the bathroom and came out with nothing. He went through the snack store and all of the other doors and came out with nothing. He comes back on the bus looking furious.