Chapter 26

(Kristina's POV)

Daddy grounding me isn't going to do too much, I hope. It just really stinks I can't listen to music, play videos, or get on social media to talk to my friends anymore. I still have my awesome family, so that counts.

I still can't believe Dad yelled at me. This just blows my mind. He was furious with me, and it was very scary considering it has never happened before.

In the middle of my thoughts, Uncle Joe and Uncle Andy sit by me on the couch.

"Somebody got in trouble," Uncle Joe mocks with a tune.

"Yeah, yeah," I say, slightly annoyed that they are bringing it up.

"It was in front of us and your Internet friends. That must have been embarrassing," Uncle Andy says.

"Yes, it was. Can we just drop it?" I ask, trying to sound polite.

"Yeah. We are just teasing you," Uncle Andy says, rubbing my hair.

"Just don't ever scare us like that again, okay? Tell one of us where you are going before you go," Uncle Joe says.

"Okay, Uncle Joe," I say. "I do have a question, though."

"Yes?" Daddy asks, sitting in one of the chairs across from me.

"Am I even allowed inside this dance club, and it's not a strip club, is it?" I ask. Everybody laughs at the last part.

"We can probably get you in if we tell the man at the door we have no one to watch over you," Dad says.

"And it's not a strip club," Uncle Pete laughs from the front.

"Just checking," I laugh.

"You can just hang with me, okay?" Uncle Andy says.

"Alright!" I say. I put my arm around his shoulder. "Uncle Andy and I are going to have more fun than you!"

"Of course!" He exclaims.

"Sure," Uncle Joe says. He's not buying it.

"We are here!" Uncle Pete exclaims. We exit the bus, and I was expecting to see a southern bar. However, it looked pretty city like, and I saw no cowboy hats on the sign.

We get to the door, and I'm behind Uncle Pete and Daddy. The man let's them in, but stops me.

"You are too young to be here, miss," he says.

"She is with us. She has no one to look after her right now. We don't have a babysitter," Daddy says. I just look at the man.

"You won't drink?" The man asks.

"Only smoothies!" I smile. The man laughs, and let's me in with Uncle Joe and Uncle Andy.

The dance club is crazy. Everybody is drunk out of their minds and dancing terribly. It's so muggy in here and it smells of sweat, puke, and alcohol. How can people even like this? We make our way to the bar. Daddy, Uncle Pete, and Uncle Joe get shots of whiskey. They are going to be so drunk later.

The bartender gives me a funny look, and then Uncle Andy says, "Virgin strawberry daiquiri, please. Two straws." He shows the bartender two fingers and motions towards me. He laughs, and starts working on.

Uncle Andy and I are sitting quite a ways from the others. I look over at them, and there are already several empty shot glasses around them. How do people get joy over this?

Soon, the man finishes our drink, and hands it to us. The two straws are already in it. It looks really pretty. Uncle Andy and I take a sip, and just kind of laugh at each other. We probably look like geniuses right now.