Chapter 8

(Patrick's POV)

I wake up, and Elisa is still asleep. I didn't want to wake her up, but I got up. It's 10:30, so this isn't too early for me.

I walk in Kristina's room, she is asleep. I walk over to her bed and noticed she wasn't covered. She was very cold so I put the blanket on her and kissed her on the forehead.

I still can't believe she finally said, "I love you." I'm so happy she still loves us even though we weren't there her whole life. I feel really bad about it; I know it's not my fault, but still.

I leave her room and decide to go to the studio. I play around on my guitar. I'd rather play on the drums, but I don't want to wake the girls up.

I start playing "From Now On We Are Enemies." Pete did a really amazing job on these lyrics. I almost forgot how it went, but I've had that song stuck in my head since Kristina sang it. She has a beautiful voice. I can't believe it.

When I get to the chorus, I start to tear up. "I'm just man on the balcony singing nobody will ever remember me." I hope that's not why it's her favorite. I pray to God she doesn't feel that way. I'll ask her about it later today. I plan on taking her to the mall and grocery shopping today. Maybe I'll ask her about it on the way there.

(Kristina's POV)

I wake up a quarter til 11. I hear music playing, I didn't think I left my iPod running. Then I remember the studio is next to my room. Dad's probably playing. I listen closer and it's "From Now On We Are Enemies." I love that song so much. I get up half awake and walk into the studio rubbing my eyes. The music stops playing, and Dad looks at me kind of startled. I don't think he was expecting me to be there.

"Good morning, sleepy head," he says in a calm voice.

"Good morning," I say walking over to him.

"I didn't wake you, did I?" He asks.

"No. No," I say sitting by him. "I woke up, heard music playing and thought I'd check it out." I say this half yawning leaning my head on his shoulder.

He laughs, "You're still tired, aren't you?"

"Yep," I say yawning.

"Go back to bed then," Dad says.

"I don't want to," I say sounding like an annoyed toddler.

He laughs and says, "I can't play with you leaning on my arm."

"I know. But you can sing," I looking up at him wide eyed, smiling.

"You want me to sing?" Dad asks.

"Of course! You have the best voice I've ever heard, and you're range in amazing!"

He smiles and says, "Like father like daughter."

"Thank you so much, Daddy!" I say hugging him. I've looked up to him for years, I just never would have guessed he was my Dad. "Hey, can I tell you something?"

(Patrick's POV)

I wonder what she has to tell me. I hope she is alright.

"Yes, sweetheart. You can tell me anything," I say rubbing her arm.

"Ok. It's just," she starts, "I've looked up to you so long. I always wanted to meet you and the guys so I could thank you for everything you've done for me. You have made me feel loved when nobody else did. You were there nobody else was. You understood me. When I would get made fun of and teased, I knew I could go to you. When my 'other parents' would give me a hard time, I could go to you. I've always wanted to thank you. You've been like a father to me for a long time. I would have never dreamed you would have really been mine."