Chapter 10

~One Month Later~

(Kristina's POV)

I wake up at 10 and get up to go see Mama and Daddy. I've been living with them for 33 days and everyone of them has been awesome. They even home school me. With Dad being busy a lot, they want me being home with them. Also, this way I don't have to be absent from school for 3 months at a time with tours.

I start to open my door and notice a note taped to it.

I went to go run some errands. I'll be back later!

Love you,
Daddy

That stinks. I crumble up the note and open the door. I smelled waffles and bacon. That's my favorite breakfast. I went down stairs and see Mama cooking.

"Hey, Mama!" I say. I apparently startle her because she jumped when she turned around. I laugh.

"You scared me! Good morning, sweetheart!" She says happily.

"Good morning!" I say as she makes our plates.

"Want to go shopping today? Like a girls day out?" She asks.

"Yeah, sure! Why not! I mean, Dad's gone, so let's do something fun without him!" I joke. Mom laughs and we eat our breakfast.

After we finish eating, we go upstairs and get clean. I decide on my gray, decorative, cotton blouse, flare jeans, and black converses. Mom wears a nice t-shirt, flare jeans, and black flats. We are ready, but we hang around the house until after lunch. Then Mom decides to go.

"Ready?" She asks.

"Yeah I am!" I say. So we get in the car and drive to the mall. "Can we go to Hot Topic?" I beg when we walk into the mall.

"Yeah, sure," she says. With that, I take her hand and we run into Hot Topic. I go in the back and pick out the new Fall Out Boy t-shirt and a Panic! At The Disco one. It was buy one get one half off, so I took the advantage.

I show Mom the shirts. She likes them and pays for them. We then go to JCPenny.

"Do you like this?" Mom asks wearing a flowy purple floral dress that went to the floor.

"I love it! It looks so beautiful on you!" I say happily. With my support, she buys it.

"Hey, since I got a dress, do you want to get one, too?" She asks excitedly as we leave the store.

"Not really," I say. "I've got a lot."

"Oh, come on! At least humor me and try some on," she asks giving me the puppy dog face.

I cave. "Fine!" I say defeated.

She quickly walks into Dressbarn, me following. This store has beautiful dresses!

"What's your size?" Mom asks.

"8," I say. She gives me a funny look. "It's my stomach," I say blushing with embarrassment.

"No! It's fine! I understand! I was like that at your age, too," she says. It makes me feel better she understands.

I grab two dresses and Mom grabs one. I get a fitting room and start to try on the three dresses. I try on the one Mom grabbed first.

It is beautiful. It's a lime green dress that goes to the floor and has thick tank top straps. It has sparkly jewels starting my waist down, less sparkles as you go up. I open the door for Mom to see.

"Oh my goodness, Kristina! That looks beautiful on you!" She explains.

"Thank you!" I say while curtsying.