Chapter 15

(Kristina's POV)

I wake up at around 11, and I realize I'm not in my room. I look around and on either side of me and Mama and Daddy are sleeping. Oh yeah. We had a slumber party last night. I don't remember watching the end of the movie. Darn. Mom and Dad are pretty close to me, so if I get up, I'll wake them up. So, I decide to try to go back to sleep.

Then I realize I have to pee.

I've got to get up now. I kick my legs so they are above the cover. If I just pulled the blanket off of me, I would have uncovered them, too. I sit up, get on my hands and knees and start crawling to the end of the pallet so I could just get up and walk to the bathroom. As I'm crawling, I feel my hand touch something that wasn't the floor. Uh-oh.

I hear Dad toss and turn for a second. I grabbed his leg by accident. Luckily, he never woke up. I finally reach the end of the pallet, get up, and briskly walk to the bathroom.

However, Queen of Clumsiness strikes again! I manage to kick a lamp on the way and it falls over. It doesn't brake, but it makes a very loud noise next to Mom's ear.

Mom and Dad jump up real quick while laying down. They cleared the floor 2 feet. If this was planned, they would have been hilarious. Since it was by accident, I felt terrible.

"What's going on?" Mom asks startled.

"Sorry, I was getting to go to the bathroom. I was trying so hard not to wake you up," I said.

"Well, you failed a little bit there," Dad says rubbing his eyes.

"I know. I'm sorry," I say.

"It's alright. After all, it is 11 so we needed to be getting up soon anyways," Mom says.

"Yeah. Plus, I'm hungry again," Dad says.

"Thanks!" I smile. I go to the bathroom real quick and when I get out Dad is already starting on a bowl of cereal. "You and cereal, I swear," I laugh.

"It's not nice to swear, Kristina," Dad jokes.

"Yeah. Yeah. But seriously though, you love cereal way too much," I joke.

"You love spaghetti way too much!" Dad jokes.

"Touché, but at least I don't eat it all the time!" I laugh.

"Touché," Dad says. I hear Mom laugh.

"What are you laughing at?" I ask her.

"You two!" She laughs, "I swear your favorite word is touché."

"Maybe it is!" Dad jokes. Mom and I get a bowl of cereal, too. After we all eat, Mom speaks up.

"Any suggestions on what we are going to do today?" She asks.

"Well, Kristina and I are going to pack. We got to be at Pete's by 4 in the morning tomorrow," Dad says.

"Ugh. Really?" I asks.

"Yeah," Dad say.

"What time do we need to go to bed then?" I ask.

"Probably 8. That way we can wake up at 3. Think you can be ready in an hour?" He asks.

"Yeah," I sigh.

"Come on! This is going to be fun!" Dad says.

"I know it's going to be fun, Daddy. I just don't want to go to bed and wake up that early," I say.

"This is going to be the only time it's like that. The rest of the time it will be like how we sleep here," Dad says.

"Awesome!" I say.