Chapter 7

(Kristina's POV)

I feel someone lightly nudge me, and I realize I feel asleep on the car ride home in Dad's arms. I rub my eyes then open them. We're home. I sit up and smile.

"Now there's that smile we've been missing," Mom says. I guess she could see me through the rearview mirror.

"Yep! I'm all better now. I hate to admit, Mama, but I'm sorry. I believe I'm a Daddy's girl," I say. With that, she gives me a fake pouty face, and Dad smiles hugging me tight.

"I knew it! She's mine! Should have started a band, Elisa. Then, she'd be a Mama's girl," Dad says jokingly.

"Hey! Don't be making popularity the reason I'm a Daddy's girl!" I say. We laugh, get out of the car, and into the house.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Dad asks.

I think about it for a second and ask, "What kind of games do you got?"

"Follow me!" He says. We do and he takes us to the game room. I look around for a second and spot Apples to Apples.

"Can we play this?" I ask trying to sound really sweet.

"Why, sure!" Mom says. "That's one of our favorites!"

We play that for a while coming up with the stupidest combinations. Dad wins every game. We will never here the end of it.

"I won again! No one can ever beat me! I am the master of all board and card games!" He yells with his arms in the air.

"No! You are not! You just got lucky tonight!" I say defending Mom and me.

"Or, maybe it's just guys are better at games?" He says.

"Hold on a second. You think guys are better gamers than girls?" Mom says, jokingly serious.

Dad nods.

"I challenge you to Monopoly! Let's see how good you really are!" I daringly say. Mom claps for me.

"Challenge accepted," Dad says all serious.

Mom and I kill him in Monopoly. He went bankrupt, and we had over fifteen hundred dollars a piece. Mom and I do a little victory dance while Dad sits in the corner and pouts.

"What about guys being better than girls at games?" I say.

"What about you being the master of all games?" Mom says.

It's fun teasing him.

"Look, you guys got lucky once," he says, not pleased with his losing and our teasing.

"I don't think that's the case," I say. Dad stands up. "I think you just aren't as good at games as you think you-"

I got cut off by my own screaming. Dad picked me up and threw me over his shoulders.

"What are you doing?" I say half screaming half laughing and banging my fists on his back.

"I going to teach you what happens if you tell me I'm not good at board games!" He jokingly says.

After he said that, he opens the door to the pool. "No, Daddy! No! You are the master of all board games! We just got lucky!"

"It's too late to save yourself!" He says. With that, he throws me in the pool. He laughing so hard right now. I come up, and rest my elbows on the end of the pool, giving him a mean look but trying so hard not to laugh at the sane time. This makes him laugh even harder. While he's laughing, I see Mom a few feet behind him with a finger over her pursed lips telling me to be quiet. I move over a little, and Mom pushes him in. He screams while he is falling, but when he comes up, he gives me a mean look.

"Don't look at me! I didn't do it!" I defend myself.

"I did it!" Mom bravely admits.

"Elisa! You know this is an expensive suit!" He jokingly gets annoyed.

"Money isn't an issue! Remember?" I say trying to sound sweet.

"Aww, you little-" he starts but doesn't know how to finish it. Instead, he turns his attention to Mom. "Why don't you join us?" He asks.

"No thanks. I don't want-" she says, but before she could say another word, Dad grabs her by the wrist and pulls her in. She screams coming down. I'm laughing the whole time.

"What's so funny?" Dad asks.

"You guys should see yourselves!" I say in between laughs. They were hilarious looking drenched. Mom's hair was straight and sticking to her face and Dad's hair was all pushed over to one side. They laugh because they know we all look silly.

We stay there for a minute and decide to get out. We all get showers and changed into our pajamas and meet back down stairs in the living room. We all sit in the couch in our spots.

"Want to watch a movie?" Dad asks.

"Yeah! Sure! Do you have Now You See Me?" I ask.

"Of course we do!" Mom says, "That movie is your father's favorite!"

"Mine too! It's just so amazing how they made all the little things in the movie wind up to be to clues to the ending. I would have never guessed it, though," I say.

"Like father like daughter," Dad says. He gets up, puts the movie in the DVD player, gets a blanket, and sits back down by me. He covers us in the blanket and presses play.

(Patrick's POV)

She even loves the same movies as me. This is awesome. We stay all curdled up together underneath the blanket. My arm behind Elisa and Kristina's head, Kristina's head leaning on me, and Elisa's head leaning on her.

The movie was awesome, which we knew it would be. Elisa sits up slowly and whispers, "She's asleep."

I look down and sure enough she was sleeping on my chest. I slowly move my arm from around her trying not to wake her up. I lean her head against the couch for a second while I get up to remove the blanket. I then pick her up and carry her bridal style to her room, Elisa following me.

We get to her room, I carefully lay her down on her bed, and cover her up while Elisa waits by the doorway. I was just about to be out the door when I hear her speak. Darn. I woke her up.

"Mama? Daddy?" She asks half awake.

"Yes, sweetie?" Elisa answers.

"I love you." She says. My heart melted instantly.

"I love you, too," Elisa and I say in unison, but I don't think she heard us. She was out like a light.