~ Chapter 18 ~

-5 years ago -

"Do this essay for me, I don't have any time." Jimin shoved a pile of papers and books onto Jungkook's desk; clearing his own work away.

"But Hyung you're in university now, I'm not sure if my writing will be good enough-"

"Just shut up Jungkook, you're going to do it. I'm having some friends round so you'd better not make any noise." He raised his voice at Jungkook's disobedience.

"...Yes Hyung."

Jungkook sighed miserably. He had managed to drag himself home after being beat up by Jaebeom and his friends at school.

It was clear that he was injured; his skin painted with cuts and bruises in a rainbow of shades, but nobody ever cared. He was truly alone. Jimin's parents were on a business trip currently; but even if they were home there would be no sympathy or concern for him.

The world revolved around Jimin.

Halfway through writing the first paragraph Jungkook's head pounded; an effect from the loud music blaring from downstairs. Jimin and his friends always seemed to cause a racket.

He leaned back in his chair and took a deep breath. Why did it always have to be like this? He opened his drawer; taking a notebook out; his most prized possession.

It was full of photos and sketches of his crush Seolhyun. Pages upon pages of notes about the cute things she had done and the addresses of her favourite places to visit outside of school.

He wanted nothing more than to be with her. Activities like these were his only solace; dreaming and fantasizing about what could be.

Jimin knew about it although not the true extent of his obsession. He always told him that his actions were creepy and sad.

But Jungkook didn't care.

Even if she was unaware Seolhyun was all that he had in this cruel world.

He took out his sketchbook from his school bag and ripped out the drawing he had been working on today in art class. Jungkook smiled at her beautiful features that he had tried his very best to recreate before sticking it into his notebook.

He was running out of pages, he'll have to create a 4th volume soon.

Placing the notebook back in the drawer Jungkook decided that it was time to eat. He was going to need a lot of energy if he was going to finish this essay in one night.

***

"Hi there cutie, I didn't know that Jimin had such a handsome little brother." One of Jimin's female friends entered the kitchen and began pacing towards Jungkook who was cooking his ramen on the stove innocently.

"Actually I'm his younger cousin." Jungkook gulped, correcting her as he didn't know what to say.

The girl, probably 2 years older than himself wore a tight miniskirt and a crop top which revealed a little more than what was appropriate.

"Ah! Aren't you just the cutest thing." She giggled and pinched his cheeks playfully causing Jungkook to jolt away in shock.

"So shy." She commented micheviously as a smirk grew on her face.

"Say, let's have a bit of fun. I can't really help myself." She wrapped her arms gently around his neck; leaning towards him seductively.

Jungkook dropped the chopsticks he had been cooking with, he froze not knowing how to react. Even though he towered over her small stature he still felt incredibly threatened as she invaded his personal bubble.

"Nayeon~ where did you go?" Jimin cooed as he entered the kitchen. He heaved a heavy sigh at the scene presented before him.

"...Hyung." Jungkook spoke, half as if he had been caught in a terrible act and half as a cry for help.

"Jimin you never told me that your little cousin was such a snack." She tightened her grip on him even more, obviously not realising just how uncomfortable he was becoming.

"He's really not." Jimin laughed, attempting to drag the girl away from him.

"Please let him come and play with us~" She attempted to do aegyo and Jungkook internally cringed at her actions.

"I have no interest in that anyway." Jungkook stated and attempted to loosen her grip, she was being so persistent.

"Why? I'll do whatever you want." She pouted before winking at him flirtstiously.

"Nayeon!" Jimin scoffed, shocked at his friend's advances.

"What? He's really hot." She explained.

"I'm not interested, I have a girl already." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"I don't mind that." Nayeon shook her shoulders impatiently.

"Oh, that girl that you stalk right?" Jimin ignored Nayeon and decided to push Jungkook's buttons in order to embarrass him.

"It's not stalking, it's just admiring okay." Jungkook's eyes immediately turned darker at the accusation that his love for Seolhyun was anything but pure and innocent.

"Sure." Jimin sighed, taking Nayeon's wrist and pulling her towards him. She now appeared to be slightly freaked out by her friend's cousin.

"Seolhyun is mine." Jungkook stated adamantly.

"She'll only be yours if you're successful and popular at least. She probably doesn't even know who you are yet. If she found out what you do she would get a restraining order you know?"

"It's for her own protection." Jungkook growled.

"No, it's for your own satisfaction, because deep down you know that you'll never have her. If anything I'm more likely to date her than your pathetic self is." Jimin chuckled.

Jungkook stood in silence, was Jimin right? He couldn't let this happen.

Seolhyun had to be his.