~ Chapter 9 ~

"I could have just gotten a taxi Jin, you didn't have to drive me all the way here..." I was sat in the passenger seat of his car as we made our way to the airport.

"Nah, I wanted to take you here personally."

"But you always irritate Jungkook so much! It gets me in trouble." I sighed and stared out the window as the heavy rain poured down onto the road.

"Oh! You've finally noticed how jealous he gets?" Jin laughed at me.

"That makes no sense, what reason does he have to be jealous?"

At first I had thought that Jungkook was simply a flirt, enjoying teasing and tormenting me with the position of power which he had. But ever since Chanmi mentioned to me how he used to act in high school I couldn't erase it from my mind.

Even if it was true that he did like me all those years ago I found it hard to believe that his affections would still remain intact. He had everything he could want and I'm sure that he could win any girl's heart.

So why was he so persistent with me?

"Seolhyun, we're here!"

Jin took my suitcase from the boot of the car and we made our way over to the check in desks where we would have to part ways.

I spotted Jungkook waiting for me along with Taehyung and Choa, I bowed slightly towards him, hoping to get this trip off to a positive start.

"Thanks for the lift Jinnie."

"That's okay! Have fun in Italy." He smiled and brought me into a hug so tight that I could barely breathe.

Jungkook clenched his fist as Seokjin smiled to him knowingly over Seolhyun's shoulder.

"It's time to go now, we don't want to miss our flight." Jungkook stated sternly, grabbing my wrist in order to separate me from Jin.

I waved goodbye as I was dragged into the queue.

***

"Ahh." I sighed as we finally settled into our airplane seats. I hadn't even experienced first class before, let alone business class. I wasn't accommodated to this level of luxury.

Jungkook placed his earphones in and shut his eyes, I was sat next to him whilst our business partners were located just across from us.

My eyes widened with excitement as an air hostess approached us with glasses of champagne. I went to take one which she passed over to me until my hand was rudely slapped away.

"No, you're working." Jungkook explained, he took a glass of champagne himself and sipped on it happily as he stared out of the window.

"But it's such a long flight, and it's not like I'm doing any work right now." I pouted.

"After my last experience of you with alcohol I don't really want a repeat of it... Especially in an enclosed space."

Why does he have to be so strict? I thought business trips were meant to be fun.

I looked across the aisle and met eyes with a smiling Choa, she's lucky having Taehyung as a boss, he's so much cheerier than Jungkook. I hope that he'd lighten up soon.

***

After a long awaited dinner at the hotel I rushed back to my room to get an early night, I was having trouble adjusting to the time difference so I felt exhausted already.

Just as I finished changing into my pyjamas I heard the familiar sound of my phone vibrating.

Kookie:20:23
Come to my hotel room. Now.

"Ughhh! Why?" I spoke to myself in frustration before grabbing some slippers, a dressing gown and my room key.

'I just want to sleep' I internally cried to myself. Why did he always have to make requests at the most awkward of times?

I stood in the elevator, not caring for the strange looks from people in their evening wear. I just wanted to get this over and done with.

Eventually I reached the door of his suite and knocked on it firmly.

"Come in." I heard him say from the other side of the door.

I hesitantly pushed it open only to be pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the room was. A chandelier hung from the centre of the room with a seating area underneath it, the ceiling was decorated with intricate renaissance style paintings, and at the back of the room stood a grand four poster bed.

"Wow, this suite is incredible." I said out loud.

"Well, you're very welcome to join me here." I jumped when I heard Jungkook's voice appear from behind me.

I coughed and made my way to the sofas. What did he mean by joining him here? Was he proposing that I sleep here tonight?! I suddenly felt more vulnerable once I realised that I was still just wearing my pyjamas and dressing gown.

"So what did you call me here for?"

"We need to finalise the schedules for tomorrow, it won't take long." He sat down unnecessarily close to me.

The work was simple, mundane, and unexciting. The perfect recipe for sleepiness. Once again I let out a loud yawn, I half expected Jungkook to eventually realise how exhausted I was and send me back to my room, but he never did.

Soon enough Seolhyun was sleeping. Jungkook was only made aware of this once a weight hit his shoulder. He froze in position due to the shock of the intimacy which she had initiated; even if it was done unconciously.

Despite the way Jungkook normally presented himself as confident and seductive. It couldn't be further from the nature of his feelings for Seolhyun.

In front of her he went back to the shy and anxious personality that he had in high school, he tried his best not to reveal himself  for this would surely only be a knock to his ego. All these years he's spent becoming a new successful version of himself.

How could she tear that all down so easily? Without any effort on her part.

As she lent against him further, becoming increasingly weighty Jungkook moved her to rest her head on his lap.

***

My eyes fluttered open. I could tell that it was now the middle of the night due to the lack of sunlight brightening the room.

The view that greeted my vision was Jungkook looking down at me. I saw a softness in his expression that I'd never seen before, he smiled calmly as I awoke.

He continued to stare at me, almost in adoration and stroked my hair lovingly. I felt as if I was dreaming. My head told me that I should leave immediately, but I didn't want to.

I made myself more comfortable on his lap and shut my eyes tightly. In this moment I really couldn't believe my actions.

Don't fall for him Seolhyun.