~ Chapter 26 ~

After the successful presentation the whole office felt at ease. These problems had tripled each of our workloads over the past week and it was a relief to be assured of the safety of the company and our own jobs.

"The planning was a little last minute but we have decided to host a small party for the shareholders and the staff. Just to ensure that there are no bad feelings or worries left between us." Jungkook explained as we sat together in the boardroom; eating snacks as we were now finally able to relax.

"You're all invited so please just enjoy your time there, don't think of it as work. I know it's been difficult lately and your efforts have not gone by unnoticed."

The staff chatted amongst themselves; quickly making arrangements for the fun night ahead. I looked towards Jungkook who I assumed would want to accompany me to the party.

***

A few hours later I was dressed in the outfit that Jungkook had picked out and had my hair and makeup done in a salon. I was beginning to become nervous at how official this event would be. Was it wise to be accompanying my boss like this? I guess I was his secretary it wouldn't be too strange as long as he kept quiet about our relationship behind closed doors.

 Was it wise to be accompanying my boss like this? I guess I was his secretary it wouldn't be too strange as long as he kept quiet about our relationship behind closed doors

"You look beautiful." He smiled up at me from his seat in the waiting area as my makeup was finally finished.

"Thank you. I like the dress a lot."

"It's even prettier on you than I thought it would be." He stood up from the chair and took my hand into his delicately; intertwining our fingers.

"Mr Jeon it's time to leave for the party." A staff member told him and directed us towards the limousine.

"Ready?" He asked me.

"Ready." I sighed.

***

"Wonderful presentation today CEO Jeon, I must say you truly have restored the trust in your company."

"I'm glad that everyone listened to us so well." Jungkook said.

"Who's this young lady? I don't think we've met before."

"I'm his se-" I began.

"Girlfriend. This is Kim Seolhyun, my girlfriend."

I raised my eyebrows at him. Did he really want to go public? Who even is this man we are talking to?

"Lovely to meet you Miss Kim." The man smiled kindly.

That's how the night went on. Jungkook continually introduced me as his girlfriend rather than his secretary. Part of me was embarrassed but in all honesty I felt special due to his desperation to spread the word that I was his.

"Jungkook." I caught his attention once we were finally alone.

"Hm?" He responded and I led him out onto the balcony.

"Look, I don't mind you telling people but at least run it past me first." I complained with my arms crossed.

"Wait?... You'll be my girlfriend?" His whole face lit up in delight.

I nodded in reply. I really did want this. He had tried so hard for this whole time to make me fall for him, and it had definitely worked.

Jungkook stepped closer towards me still grinning. He gently placed his lips on mine and held me tightly.

"Thank you Seolhyun. You don't know how much this means to me."

"I love you." The words came out almost naturally. I'd finally given in to him.

"I love you more."

Author's note

Hi guys!
This story is coming to and end soon, I hope you're still enjoying it ^^

I have a new story that I'm writing, I'm very excited about it! It's a Min Yoongi fanfiction called Havana. I've posted the introduction and first chapter just now. Please have a read!