~ Chapter 19 ~

"Come with me, we need to talk." Jungkook whispered into my ear behind me once we had finished our meeting with the finance department.

I had been staring across the table at Hyejeong nearly the whole time. Had he noticed? Was he angry at me? Were they together afterall?

I closed my laptop and picked up the folders on the table. My heart started to beat harder the closer we got to his office. Would he be angry with me?

Once we arrived I put away the documents I was carrying and avoided his gaze. When I heard the click of the door locking my eyes widened in shock and anticipation.

I didn't turn around, instead waiting for him to speak.

"So, how was the date?" He asked me bluntly.

"Fine." I mumbled.

"Going to see Jimin again?"

"It's none of your business."

"I think you'll find that it very much is." He grumbled.

"I don't see why you should be angry with me if you're going around seeing other girls." I raised my voice slightly, gaining confidence from the anger that had built up inside me.

He immediately halted his cold attitude and grabbed my arm.

"What on earth are you talking about Seolhyun?" Jungkook suddenly appeared to be very concerned.

"Hyejeong; you two had been together a lot recently, so I assumed that you were dating." I stared at the ground.

"Seolhyun, I would never..." He rushed towards me, all of a sudden he looked as if he could almost cry. It was strange to see Jungkook in such a vulnerable position as this.

"How could I let you think that?" He hugged me tightly, bringing me in so that my head lay against his chest and his arms squeezed around my waist almost suffocatingly.

"We've just had a few issues with the company recently and it's very confidential at the moment so I didn't want you to hear just yet." Jungkook explained with a panicked tone.

"That's all." He gently stroked my hair in a comforting manner.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have had jumped to conclusions." I spoke quietly, maybe I was wrong to think that Jungkook would act in that way.

"That's okay, just stay away from Jimin." He leaned away to look at me whilst still holding on tightly.

I nodded, feeling bashful when our eyes met.

"I hate seeing you with other men." He pouted.

"I'm free to see whoever I want though."

Jungkook cocked his head to the side with a knowing look. I didn't feel free to see anyone else, I'd be filled with guilt.

"Now let's get going, we have a lunch meeting to go to." He ruffled my hair before taking my hand gently.

"J-Jungkook, what are you doing?" I watched Mina lower her glasses when she saw me and Jungkook holding hands.

"Well it seemed like I needed to make my intentions clear, don't want anymore Jimin-like issues do we?"

"But he already finished his work experience." I felt the dirty stares from the other female employees as we entered the elevator, there was a small crowd of people waiting but none of them dared to get into the elevator with the two of us.

The doors shut and he wrapped an arm around my waist protectively.

"Jungkook! You should be more careful, if you do those kinds of things what is everyone going to think?" I asked, shuffling away from his grasp.

"Ssssh." He held my face in his hands.

"I want them to know." His smile beamed.

I felt his lips caress my own gently. I immediately took a step back but he simply pushed me against the wall of glass elevator, placing his arms either side of me.

I looked up at him in shock.

"We're at work." My words were barely audible.

"It doesn't matter, I'm the boss." He chuckled.

Leaning in once again he kissed me more passionately, I responded, enjoying the moment.

I knew that floor after floor everyone could see, the elevator was made of glass afterall. But I didn't care anymore, it was just me and him and nothing else mattered.

...

The lunch meeting had gone on for longer than expected and before I knew it it was time to return home.

The journey back to my flat was pleasant, Jungkook seemed to be in such a good mood after clearing up our misunderstanding. But I still wasn't sure what we were.

Once we arrived he stalled me in the hallway, not wanting to leave he held my hand playfully.

"You're still wearing the bracelet." He smiled with pride.

"Yeah, it's pretty." I still felt shy around him when he would act like this.

"Well, I'll see you tomorrow at the office." I went to open my apartment door.

"Seolhyun."

I turned back around to listen to what he had to say.

"There's nothing to worry about, you're the only one in my heart."