Q u a t r e

The day seemed to go really slow. Rye wouldn't talk to me. Whenever I went to talk to him, or we were left together, he would make up and exuse. He was avoiding me.

When we got back home, Brook suggested that we should go into the 'Rarvey' room and watch a film on the projecter. Rye tried to protest, but he was out voted 4-1.
We ended up deciding to watch Harry Potter. I was sat on Rye's bed next to Mikey, whilst Brook and Jack were on Harvey's bed, as Harvey was away in LA with Blair for the next month.

Rye made up the excuse of going for a run and left the flat. I was getting worried about him. Rye wasn't one to hold a grudge. He doesn't even like me, so why would he care that I hugged Mikey this morning? Or maybe it wasn't that. Maybe I had done something to upset him. I started racking my brain, trying to think of anything I had done to annoy him, however nothing came to mind.

"Andy? You ok?" Mikey was snapping his fingers in front of my face. I blinked a couple times, before realising that everyones eyes were on me.

"Hmm? What?" I asked, slightly dazed.

"We completely lost you for a few minutes. Like you weren't listening to Mikey at all" Brook said, looking at me concerned.

"It's nothing. I must have zoned out. Just got some stuff on my mind" I answered. Mikey raised his eyes.

"You mean someone on your mind" He said, smirking. I bowed my head as I knew my cheeks were heating up.

"I was just trying to work out what I did wrong. Rye's ignored me all day and he's really pissed off at me for sone reason"

"Are you serious?" Jack asked incredulously. I frowned.

"What?" I asked, probably a lot harsher then I had intended to. Jack rolled his eyes.

"If i'm being completely honest, i thought it was obvious" He said, smirking slightly.

"If you're going to keep talking in riddles, you might as well shut up. Now can you please explain to us what the hell you're talking about" I spat. I know, I'm being a bit of a dick. But if he knew the reason Rye was mad at me and won't tell me, I think I have the right to have a go at him.

"Andy. You are so oblivious sometimes. He likes you! Seeing you hug Mikey this morning obviously made him jealous, now he's avoiding you because he thinks you and Mikey are a thing and he doesn't want his own feelings to ruin what you two have" Jack explained in a 'duh' tone. I stared at him, shocked.

Rye liked me? In the same way I liked him? That would explain a lot. The constant checking on me, the pecks on the cheek on stage, the hugs he gave me that made me feel all warm inside. I couldn't stop the huge smile that spread across my face. He liked me.

I quickly stood up, earning looks of confusion from the others.
"I-I have to tell him. Oh god he probably thinks I don't like him."

I grabbed one of Rye's hoodie and left the flat without another word.