Chapter 1-

Chapter 1-

If I cry and told you I need you would you help me? Would you stay?

Would you leave me in the cold, or would you take me inside?

If you saw me lying in the floor with blood, would you come help me? Would you call 9-1-1?

If you said no to any of these questions, then you are as heartless as everyone else in the world.

Though, I don't blame you.

--- --- --- ---

I was naked on the floor again. There was blood on the floor and scratch marks on my thighs, arms, and chest. Everything burned, but I didn't have the will to run besides lay there. I stared at the blood with shaky breaths and started to count to ten slowly to calm myself down.

How much longer can I endure?

I heard a chuckle and my blood run cold as I stared at the two men in front of me.

No...

No more...

"Stop!" I jolted awake and bolted up, clutching onto my blankets. Sweat was running down my forehead and I was gasping for air. Running my fingers through my messy hair, I counted to ten again, willing myself to breath normally.

It's just a dream, Reina.

I glanced at the round clock on my desk after a moment and paused. It was already six in the morning which meant that at any minute, mom should be calling me for breakfast soon. I slowly closed my eyes, trying to ignore the inevitable.

"Reina! Wake up already and get ready for school!" Mom yelled loudly after the moment passed, startling me once more.

I loudly groaned that almost resembled an elephant before falling back into the bed. This was it. Summer vacation is officially over. That meant no more waking up around two in the afternoon any longer.

I was officially a high school senior.

I slowly got out of bed after a few minutes and walked to the bathroom to get ready. I can already smell my mom's cooking. My stomach growled in approval until I heard my younger sister, London, complaining to her friends over the phone.

When I got to the bathroom and stripped naked before facing myself in the mirror. There, standing before me, wasn't the girl I knew three months ago. The girl standing before me is a complete stranger.

I stared at the girl in the mirror as she reflected sad, dull, and baggy eyes from her constant night terrors. Her long blonde hair that used to be full of volume was now messy and cut short to her shoulder.

I continued to stare at the other person, still not believing this stranger was me and not realizing how much has changed in such a short amount of time. My vision drifted to my exposed arms, which are covered in scars. Some were still fresh while others have turned into ugly, hateful lines that were plastered all over my arms.

What was supposed to be a relaxing year would now turn to be challenging or pretending to be fine behind a facade smile. With a sigh, I looked at the mirror once again and forced a fake smile. I hated the girl in the mirror. "Smile you ugly bitch."

I jumped in surprise when I heard London, banging on the bathroom door. "Reina! Hurry the hell up! I have to get ready for school too, you know!"

I snapped out of my trance and started to brush my teeth and comb my hair as quickly as I can. Afterward, I quickly put on a long sleeve shirt and skinny jeans. I had to thank that in San Francisco, the highest temperature this month was only going to be 70's degrees, so it doesn't seem so weird that I was already wearing a long sleeve shirt in September.