Chapter 42-

Chapter 42-

Taylor James office was always neat and organized, much like herself. She ran the firm with her husband but he was always traveling much of the time as his work was more rigorous, I barely got to see him often anyways. Much like Mrs.James, he was devastated when he found out that me and Paul broke up but didn't want to butt in and try to save our relationship.

Which I appreciated.

The receptionist gave me a smile as she directed me to one of the many seats available before going back onto her computer. I awkwardly placed my school bag down on the floor and looked around, observing.

The grey and white pattern on the floor rug was just as plain as the main office itself. There was small white vases of flowers throughout the office and a huge land scape painting too.

I stared at the small white clock, clenching and unclenching my fists to help calm my fast beating heart. I glanced around the small office I was in, trying to distract myself. But internally, I was having an internal battle with myself as I waited for her to come out of her office to see me.

A few minutes passed before Mrs.James poked her head out of her office. As her eyes landed on me, she signaled for me to follow her into her office.

I quickly picked up my bag and followed suit into her office.

"Hi Reina. I'm sorry about the mess in my office right now. I'm trying to get my case tomorrow. And with your stand, we'll defiently get these people to serve their maximum amount in jail," she said as soon as I stepped into her office.

Their were files, books and papers scattered all over her desk and some even on the floor.

"It's fine. I'm sorry I didn't get back on your calls," I confessed lamely as I took a seat she gestured me too.

"Don't worry about it. I know it was a lot to take in probably which is why I wanted to make sure you are okay."

"How exactly is the case going?"

She chuckled at my question.

"You're always the first to not dance around the question huh? Even back then you always didn't beat around the bush," she said, smiling fondly of how close we used to be.

"I guess I never was," I replied to her question quietly.

"Well first...I need a actual verbal agreement that the pictures I am going to show you are the people who hurt you that night. Not only that but I need an account of that night too," she explained as she looked around for the small light folder she had two nights ago.

I gulped nervously, trying to calm myself.

I gripped onto the necklace as a way to support myself.

"Reina, if you need a break for whatever reason, just let me know okay?"

I nodded my head, nervous.

She slowly took the file and slide it to me.

I gingerly lifted the folder to look at the two pictures on there and my eyes watered. I felt like I wanted to puke but I held it in.

"It was them," I said, quickly shutting the folder and pushing it back to her. I hated how weak I felt right now. I wanted to leave but I knew I couldn't. I knew that I needed to stay here and get the justice I knew I needed and deserved.

She nodded and took out a small water bottle from her drawer and placed it onto the table.

I mumbled a thanks as I took a small sip, trying to calm my nerves.