Chapter 11-

Chapter 11-

It has been a week since I helped Calvin and after that we didn't talk about it. 

After he said Erik's name, I didn't try to get more information out of him. 

He already told me too much, and I didn't want to push it. 

I wouldn't want him to ask me about my past.

 Now that I think about it, I had learned so much about his pain yet he didn't even try to figure out mine. Like when I was asking him questions about his sister, he could have started to ask questions about my past. 

Like why did I cut my hair?

Why did I choose to be so distant from others?

Instead he didn't ask me anything about my past or anything that made me feel uncomfortable.

He knew so much about me but I knew nothing about him or how to help him.

 It made me feel a bit guilty.

I yawned loudly in the empty streets as I made my way down the street to school.

A loud car honk snapped me back to reality, and I looked over to see Joshua. 

But he isn't smiling, unlike his usual happy self, once he set eyes on me. 

I gave him a curious look as I walked near his car. 

He drove beside me at my normal walking pace and his speed of driving matches my pace. He rolled down the car window and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Um...morning?" I don't know what to say to him as I realized he told me this morning that he wanted me to meet him on the route to Calvin's house instead of directly picking me up.

I was a bit curious as of why he chose for me to walk to the route he drives to Calvin instead of picking me up at my own place but I didn't question it. 

Why is he looking at me like that anyways? 

Out of habit I started to bite on my lower lip and begin to play with the hem of my sweater as he stares. 

It is as if I stole a cookie before dinner or something and am now being punished. 

I don't like this.

"So what did Calvin make you do last week?" He finally asked, his eyes never leaving mine. I broke eye contact, and tried to think of possible excuses to tell my best friend. I hate lying to him, but I couldn't tell him about Calvin's problem.

It's not my place too.

"Reina Caverly. If you lie to me, I'll beat the answer out of Calvin," he sneered and I knew he isn't lying. 

He did that to Megan's old boyfriend when she came to us crying and wouldn't tell us why. Plus he worked out a lot so I know Joshua has the upper hand if those two did fight.

I gulped nervously in reply.

"It's already been a week. You didn't ask until now...why?" I nervously replied back.

"Because you've been more than out of it since last week and I'm getting annoyed of why you're like this. Now answer me right now what the hell he did to you," he finally snapped and it scared me a bit to see him this angry.

"I helped pack for him!" I blurted out. 

It isn't a lie. 

I did help pack. 

I just didn't say who or why partially. 

Joshua looked a bit taken aback by my sudden out burst.