Chapter 21-

Chapter 21-

"Stay quiet and don't make a sound. London just went to her bedroom to do her homework and she should be sleeping soon," I hushed Calvin as soon as I open the back door for him, shortly after London told me she is going to bed.

Despite doing this for about a week now of sneaking him into my room every night, I still get nervous whenever I do sneak him in. 

It is a little past eleven o'clock and the house is dead quite, because I always turn off all the electronics and lights since we have to start saving money and energy, because of mom trying to make a living for us by going to all these job places. The only thing on was the heater in the house since it was November and it was only getting colder from here.

Calvin nodded as I slowly walked around the house, careful to not making any noises with Calvin behind me. 

If London caught me, she'll know something is going on between me and Calvin.

But there really isn't.

Nor will it ever happen.

I would rather die than that. Not to sound harsh, but it's the truth.

I don't deserve a happy ever after the things that went on already.

I mean come on; I wasn't even a good older sister to stop my sister from getting pregnant.

We sneak up the stairs without making much sound, which I was a bit surprised, seeing how the house is quite old and has a lot of old wooden floors creaking whenever you stop on it too hard. Maybe Calvin is lighter than I thought as well.

Once we managed to get to my room, I quickly shut and locked the door, drawing in a quick breath and letting it out. Who knew sneaking people into your room can be this tiring and heart racing despite doing it every night already for a week straight.

"You look like you just ran a mile," Calvin commented, taking a seat on my computer desk chair. He turned it so it's facing me with interest in his eyes as he stared at me. I do look like it, because I don't want him to be caught and I never did something like this before!

"And you're the one to blame," I muttered, grabbing my phone from the night table along with my school bag to my bed.

It's going to be a long night, indeed, with homework and an unexpected guest here.

But what else was I supposed to do? I can't just make him sleep outside, he'll get sick easily and there is no way I'll let him at home with his abusive step father in the same house. I'm pretty sure Joshua can't have him sleepover because his family were a bit crazy with guests sleeping over as well. 

Speaking of the devil, I noticed I missed a call from Joshua along with a few texts from Megan, Mason, and a few other friends revolving around homework. I quickly texted them back before debating about calling back Joshua or not.

I groaned as I faced Calvin, "Don't make a sound, I'm going to call back Joshua real quick since I missed a call from him before."

Calvin gave me an okay sign and resumed flipping through the school notebooks on my desk.

Joshua, as usual, picked up by the second ring with a, "Yo."

"Hey, sorry, I was making dinner before for London. What's up?" I asked casually, lying back down onto the bed. I heard him shuffling some papers around on the background.

"Nothing much, I was just wondering if you can scan your history report paper over to me so I can get some inspiration, best friend!" I heard him laughing nervously in the background at the request.