Chapter 16-

Chapter 16-

When I saw Calvin looking at Christian with a scowl on his face made me want to turn back time and forget about this stupid plan of mine.

What was I thinking?

I sent a lamb into a lion's den.

Way to go, Reina.

I stayed hidden between the booths set up in the carnival as I watched at them from a far. Calvin was wearing a grey Nike hoodie and dark jeans. He had his hands in his pockets with a glare while Christian was wearing a white T shirt and light jeans.

What polar opposites.

Calvin looked as if he is either going to gut him or walk away at any moment judging by his expression and stance.

I really hope he didn't walk away from him and leave this friendship at a stop. 

I really want them to at least try to make up so I had to do push Christian to meet Calvin.

Christian was such a nice friend to Calvin, and Calvin thought he was only trying to get himself killed by allowing Christian to help him back then. 

I wondered what ever happened to Calvin when he transferred due to the school beginning to suspect that he was getting abused at home. Did Erik beat Calvin up for it? 

Calvin is secretly a good guy disguised as a black wolf in my opinion.

He secretly cared about his friends even though he doesn't show it.

At that very moment I wish that I could hear what they are saying, but I am pretty far away, hidden from view behind one of the stalls. Christian is grinning at him happily and waving his hands around as he points to the Ferris wheel. 

Calvin just stared at him with bored eyes as Christian spoke on. He looked everywhere but at Christian, clearly already getting bored at listening.

That's when his eyes landed on mine.

It was as if he could sense me no matter where I was and my heart dropped to my stomach.

Crap.

He might as well just call me out right there and then, but he doesn't. He turned back to Christian. After a moment, I saw Calvin mumble something to him which caused Christian to laugh loudly at his response. Once in a while Calvin would glance at me then back at Chris. I gulped; I am so dead.

"What are you doing here, Reina?!"

I jumped and almost have a heart attack when Megan appeared out of nowhere. She looked at me curiously with Andy beside her. She was wearing a jean jacket with black tights. Her hair was pushed to one side of her shoulder to the front with her sunglasses resting on the top of her hair. Andy was wearing a dark navy blue shirt and chino pants. Megan was holding marshmallows on a stick while Andy was holding a small bag of popcorn.

They continued to stare, waiting for me to answer.

Could this get any worse?

"Did you come here to meet up with Calvin because Megan told you? Or are you with someone else?" Andy asked, looking past me to look at Calvin and Christian that he was referring too. He eyes raised when he saw Calvin talking to Christian. He looked back to me, waiting for me to explain who the other guy was.

"Oh my gosh Reina Caverly! You were on a date? Why didn't you call me? We could have done a double date instead of me inviting Calvin!" Megan jumped to a conclusion as soon as she spotted Chris.

"I thought she was dating Calvin?" Andy said, confused.

"I'm not even sure anymore actually. Care to explain?" Megan said as she eyed Christian.