Chapter 47-

Chapter 47-

It had been a whole week of torture. More specifically, seven days of just downright ignoring Calvin and pretending he wasn't there. I was actually pretty amazed on how well I was able to avoid him for a whole week. Although I made sure that I looked calm, composed and collected on the outside, I was going crazy and completely frazzled on the inside to not be able to talk to him.

But I had too.

It was for his safety. I had to make sure Erik doesn't know we were dating...or were madly in love with each other at one point or else Erik would hurt him...or do something where he would be seriously injured like Becca.

Because of me.

Just the thought of Erik made me feel sick and my stomach tightening over it. 

Who would had known that Erik was business partners with my rapists, Jerry and Marcos, in regard to illegal shit?

Who would had known that when I put my rapists to jail, he'll be the one that wants to make me pay?

I mean...these kinds of things only happened in books right?

It happened in movies, drama, TV shows, and so forth but the coincidence of this happening in real life was just too bizarre.

Sighing heavily, I placed my unneeded books into the locker, lost in my own mind.

With just one more weeks left, why even bother with studying? I remember it was called along the lines of senioritis but I never knew it was real until recently. Or maybe it was because I had been sleep deprived lately but I can't tell anymore what was going on within my head.

Upon slamming my locker door shut, I yelped and jumped in surprise when I realized Calvin was hidden behind the locker door when it was open. My heart raced as I haven't seen him this close for almost a week. 

"Why have you been avoiding me?"

I gulped nervously at his bold question, not knowing what to say. I glanced at him and quickly looked back onto my shoes.

"Excuse me?" I asked lamely despite me knowing what he was talking about. My heart skipped a few beats as I stared him down, trying not to show him that I was freaking out in the inside.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" Calvin asked again, a bit louder now with an unreadable expression.

"I'm not r-really sure what you're talking about," I weakly replied, cursing myself out for stuttering a bit before.

Calvin looked unconvinced at my comment but surveyed the hallway before looking back at me when he realized everyone was still in class.

"Right. So when I called you this whole week, it just so happened that you always end up missing my calls? That when I was trying to walk up to talk to you, you'll practically sprint the other direction like I'm the plague? That really does make sense, Mon ange."

I tried not to cry at the use of my nickname he gave me. Unconsciously, I gripped onto the necklace around my neck to keep myself calm.

I quickly turned the opposite direction as I inhaled deeply with my bag over my shoulder.

"It's just... I've been busy since the school year is almost over and-"

Calvin easily caught up to my pace as he cut off my sentence.

"You're lying. I can tell."

"Look...I just," I took a pause, not really sure what to say in that moment as I looked at him. His eyes softened when we made eye contact, the first time in a week that I faced him. He was as beautiful and handsome as when I first remembered.