Chapter Twenty-Eight

27th October, London, United kingdom.

I put down the big crystal glasses on the kitchen counter and see how Marie starts mixing around all the vegetables in the big bowl. I invited her, Steve and Sam to a dinner at our house this evening. My husband is not home yet. This past week my husband has been forced to work very hard. Nicholas has tried to work as much as it goes from home, but the projects in the US and Australia require more than he would have wanted right now. That's why my British family is here before my husband. Steve takes the crystal glass from the kitchen counter and goes over to the dinner hall in our house.

- "Have you heard anything from your parents, will they come here right after the baby comes?" Marie asks and smiles towards at me. I nod my head and smiles back.

- "Yes, mom has promised to help us so she has taken a week off from her job to be here with us. But it's four weeks left until that ever happens!" I replied and Marie nod enthusiastically on her head.

- "You know that Steve and I like to be there for both of you when the baby comes. No matter what if you want us to help you change diapers or just need a babysitter for a short while." She says with her lovely and caring voice. It is very clear that she is committed and happy to actually become a grandmother. Marie has helped us very much in maintaining the house and arranging all baby things. It's probably strange but for me she is really my extra mom. I mean just because I'm married to her son that dosen't mean that she would have like to be put up as much as she really does. She's amazing in every way and foremost she cares about everyone. I nod and smile towards at Marie when I see Steve enters the kitchen. Sam as always takes on the role as a chef as soon as we have dinner, he turns around and look at us.

- "Ladies, it's time for dinner now!" he says and bringing a big bowl to put the pasta in. I just nod and together with Marie and this giant stomach, we head over to the dining room. I sit down in one of the chairs and Marie opposite me. She immediately pours water into my glass and she talks about something while Steve and Sam come in.

- "I suppose we get started without Mr. Big guy himself!" Sam says, and they sit down around the table. I take a sip out of my water glass and look around the table. Sam immediately takes my plate and scoops over some food to the plate. Sam is a fantastic at cooking food and I just wish he could teach me how to cook his amazing food. I receive my plate and the smell of the lovely pasta makes me even more hungry.

- "This looks lovely!" I say to Sam and he laughs at me as if he already knew, clearly he knows. Marie takes a sip of wine from her glass and I meet her eyes.

- "Imagine if his father was just as good at cooking, that would been something!" says Marie, laughing a little and me as well. She has humor and it is fun to see this family, because they are just like any other family, even though they have been involved in some awful events. Steve shakes his head as he rolls his fork so the spaghetti circles around it.

- "But you make the most amazing food, so how could I even compete with that?" Steve says and  I start to giggle. I do not doubt for a second that Marie's cooking skills are something great but even I understand that kind of irony from her husband. Marie shakes her head and gives a smile to Steve.

- "Trying to butter up for your wife?" Sam says and taking a sip of wine. Steve immediately looks at him with a little sore look. Me and Marie begin to laugh immediately and I try to wipe away the tears from my eyes that are torn up by all laughter. The last thing I want is mascara all over my face because of all the laughing. I then immediately put my fork in the pasta to take a bite, me and the baby are hungry, if not otherwise starving.  Sam begins to tell us a story about his nurses that he recently employed into his practice. Apparently this nurse is obsessed to time the other employees breaks or when they got time with their patients. Sam is a very good doctor, or yes when I went to him after stumbling into Nicholas for the first time, he was quite funny but it was nothing that actually made me doubt that he would not be a good doctor, though I know he's pretty calm when he does thing. Sam as a boss must be the best, unlike his own brother, he probably has a more empathetic sense of his employees and I think it may be more because Sam actually works with people and Nicholas working with finance. I hear how footsteps coming closer into the dining room and immediately turn my neck and see two blue eyes staring straight at me. He is pale and has dark circles under his eyes, something is up.