Chapter Twenty-Three

25th August, London, United kingdom. 

I put my Iphone down in my black bag when I see how we are coming closer towards that glass building. Mr. Bale stops the car just right on the street next to the building.

- "Mr. and Mrs. Garnett." he says, and we immediately get out of the car.

- "Mr. Bale, I'll call you. " says Nicholas before he leaves the car. I manage to jump out of the car without stumbling in these heels. Thanks god! Nicholas walks around the car and takes my hand immediately when he comes next to me. He takes my hand hard and we walk towards the entrance next to the sky-high glass building. Nicholas has a big smile on his lips and so do I. Since we got home from Mallorca, we have really had a couple of amazing weeks next without stress. It's been calm almost everyday or yes. Sam is well the one who has been a frequent visitor to our home and I think he has something in his mind. Maybe it's about Felicia? I have wanted to ask, but it feels crazy to ask Nicholas brother whether he is dating my best girlfriend or not. I have to call him today.

- "Do you have time for lunch with me today?" I ask and see Nicholas how smile turn straight away to his normal cold smile, that more business kind of smile. It's as if I see the answer in his facial expressions before he tells me. Damn. I would have liked a happy and enjoyable lunch with my husband. I just want to drop all those terrible legal cases that actually I have to deal with right now for a moment. 

- "I have a meeting all day." he replies, and I just nod. We enter the entrance and walk straight to the lifts located on the ground floor. I think he notices my disappointment. The worst thing could be I have to eat lunch with Mads instead. But, it's not that horrible but we tend to discuss legal cases during our lunch break. I just don't want to speak about law. Nicholas blue eyes looks at me, I see he is worried. I try to give him a smile to facilitate this mood between us.

- "Nicholas, it's okay I can have lunch with Mads." I say smiling to him. But that was not really what he wanted to hear. Damn. It's just lucky that we can't see each other until this day is over. It seems like we are both in a bad mood. The elevator doors open and we enter immediately in. Nicholas instantly pushes the buttons on those floors we are going to. My office and his office. He has his office on the top floor and I am on the floors below. I'm correcting my black coat when I feel how he takes his arm around me and gets closer to me.

- "Please, don't be disappointed we should buy with us take-out food and have a nice dinner on the couch later at home." says Nicholas and I laugh immediately. It's not too often that we can only crash down on the couch and really just be like normal people. Even though we have not stressed lately, we tend to do not normal things like take out food and eating in our couch. 

- "Do you promise me? Because I don't want to have a phone call from you that you need to stay at work. I can't hear those words again! "I say and he is nodding his head. He kisses me and I just want to throw my arms around his neck but wouldn't it for we are not alone in here. Two poor young men in their suits who have to to do their internship at a company in this building. They looked like they are afraid or something.  Hello, they are not much younger than me, like 18 years old. Though I'm only 24 years old. Believe it or not. Fuck. Nicholas birthday is soon. He will be 29 years old soon. I have to start thinking about a birthday present. The elevator stops on my floor and I kiss him quickly on the cheek and turn me around to walk out. As I stepped out of the elevator and looking behind me quickly, I see Nicholas beautiful smile and I feel warm inside my body. He's so handsome. The elevator doors closes and I have to walk straight to my office and count down the hours until I'm at home on the couch with Nicholas and eat take out food.