Chapter Seven

I look at my watch, fuck. Nicholas should be here any minute now. Just then I hear a door slammed. I get up immediately from the sofa and I think I'm prepared for whoever is coming into our house. "Gabriella!" I hear a voice shouting.

- "In the living room!" I shout back. I hear footsteps approaching closer and closer to the living room.  Although we have furnished every empty space of this house I can still hear the footsteps echoing. I see two angry, very angry blue eyes meeting me. He stops. I walk around the couch and go closer to him.

- "Are you okay? Did he hurt you ?! "asks Nicholas and scans me from head to toe. I shake my head.

- "He just talked to me," I reply and Nicholas wrinkles on his forehead. I walk closer to him and look into his eyes. He looks down to the floor and starts mumbling. It's like Nicholas is trying to convince himself that I'm not hurt.

- "Damn it. How the hell did he get in? The security guards should have seen him." Nicholas mumbled a little too loud for himself. I interrupts his murmur.

- "He said he was my father in law, it was the way he came in." I say. Nicholas immediately looks into my eyes. He shakes again on the head.

-"But he certainly not that" He says and turns around in frustration and pulling his hands over his face. I put my hand on his back. I let my hand slowly moves him.

- "I know, but ..." I say and see how Nicholas turns his head towards me. Looking straight into my soul. "He just talked" I continue. Nicholas walks away from me and walks to the couch. He is frustrated. In these situations, I feel me mighty small, extremely small. But I can take it, or at least almost. I think so.

- "He has tried before to talk to me." Nicholas says. I sit myself immediately next to him on the couch. This is those few occasions Nicholas actually spontaneously begin to tell things. I've found that I have to make myself available then, take this quite easily. "It got so dangerously that I had to ban him from the building. " He says, and I nod. What? I mean, Pete just wanted to talk and of course not I won't blame Nicholas for behaving like this. But I don't know what that man is capable of doing. That's quite scared. 

- "What is he capable of doing?" I ask. I need to know, if that man is dangerous I need to know if I should protect us. I should now if I need to prepare myself for the worst. Nicholas looks at me. His face doesn't tell me anything. I don't know how I should take this, is it that bad?

- "I don't think that this is the right time to bring that up." he says and looks at me. I know, since the very first day I met Nicholas that he has been through some stuff. I always want to ask a lot of questions but I have learned that doesn't help at all. Not know, maybe we can talk about it when we both calm down and not in the heat of the moment. I look at my frustrated fiancee. I need to tell him what Pete really wanted. 

- "He said he would like to have contact with you again," I say with a low voice. I must remain calm even though I would like to ask a thousand questions for him. But, I do not want it and especially not now. Seeing the man of my life sitting inside our house, on our couch and his face shows just pure frustration, I think I need to be calm for our own sake. He leans his arms over his knees and lets his hand touch him lightly over the face while he gives after a gentle sigh.

- "I never want to see that man in my life again. He made an active choice to leave me, never in hell that I want to meet him. "Nicholas says with an angry tone of voice. I put my hand on his back. I feel the heavy breathing he takes. You can be calm now, you are here with me now. "I have to call the office!" he says with a low voice and is about to get up from the couch. The impulse in me strikes in and I take hold of him with my arms. Nicholas just looks down to me, with a shocked gaze.