Chapter Thirteen

I can feel the pain through my entire body, it hurts more than I could ever thought it would do. I want to rip me off some parts, I just want to rip myself of from this pain that I actually feel. I can not actually longer, and just then I open up my eyes. I open my eyes frantically a few times before I actually can see much clearer. It is white all over the place, and I immediately get a lump in my stomach. I see myself lying in a bed, and the lump in the belly grows even more inside of me. Damn. I turn my head and see Sam and Marie sitting on either side of me. Holy shit. I see Marie meeting my gaze and she stands up immediately from the chair and hit Sam lightly with her hand. He wakes up and sees me and runs out immediately from the room.

- "Oh, Gabriella" says Marie with a lump in her throat and she gets closer to me. I don't understand. I only remember that I was going to die. Me and Nicholas would die. What is happening? I shake my head. I'll put my hand to my mouth and I look immediately to the side and see one of these damn cords that are connected to my entire body. What the hell. I start waving my arms and see the panic in Marie's eyes. She roars at me in Swedish, and she has never done that before to me and I immediately stop. "Stop! Let that be!" she says, and I will be anything but peaceful. I get even more annoyed. I give after a sigh, but just then I see Sam enter the room and then a doctor. Holy shit, I didn't dream,  I'm actually in a hospital. Damn. Nicholas? Where is Nicholas? Holy shit. Is he dead? I check immediately around me, but do not see my fiancée's beautiful face, and his blue eyes that always looked at me. I shake my head and can no longer control myself.

- "Where is Nicholas?" I ask straight out, and the doctor is a dark tall man with black glasses that walks closer to me. Sam goes walks to me and kisses me lightly on the forehead. Marie looks at the doctor and he nods at me. "Where the hell is Nicholas?" I shout and it's as if everyone is shocked over my loud voice. The doctor looks at me and then at Marie and Sam.

"I have to ask all families unfortunately  to walk out right now" he says, and Sam becomes rigid in his eyes. "I need to talk to Miss Johnson in a single room, and you can feel free to wait outside!" he says. Sam nods at him and gives me another kiss on my forehead and walks away from there. Marie takes hold of my hand and whispers to me.

- "I'm here for you always!" she says, and then follow with Sam out of the room. The doctor takes a chair closer to the hospital bed and I immediately break down into tears. I know exactly what this is about. He can only "spit it out". I do not even want to hear those words that Nicholas would be, no. I don't want to hear it. 

- "My name is Owen Wellington, I'm your doctor for now." He says with a calm voice and I'm just trying to wipe away my tears. He looks at me with his dark eyes and stay upright with his body. I do not want to hear those words. "First of all, both you and Nicholas is doing good, given that the horrible events that happened to you two." he says, and I just scream straight out, in the expectation that's what not the case. I'm screaming, crying and trying to control myself through it all. Nicholas is alive! He's alive!

- "How is he?" I ask as I sob a little. My Nicholas is alive!

- "Mr. Garnett is doing very well despite the bullet wound in his shoulder. We do not think there will be any major complications for both of you, as each gun shot didn't hit on those critical points!" says Owen, and I can not even try to hold back the tears. We will live. We live and we will live together! I try to wipe away the tears, and just then I actually remember. Nicholas's not every hit just once, but two.

- "But he was shot twice.." I say, and the doctor just nods at me and fixes his glasses.

- "Very true, but the offender was so severely affected of drugs and alcohol that he instead fired a shot at the desk that was in your office." He says and I can relax. We are wounded, but we are alive. Quite miraculously. I have never felt the relief I'm doing right now, but I just want to see Nicholas. Kissing his lips. Hug him and tell him how much I love him.