twenty five (Adele)

HEY GUYS!!!!!!! its me :) (infinityXinfinity) i cannot exprese how SORRY i m for taking SOOOOO long to update, i've been so busy on holidays and now that i hav started making trailers there's that to. but that's still no excuse :( i feel like i've really let u down :'( I'm SOOO sorry.

This chap had to be REALLY long because it's like one of the most important i've ever written. so please enjoy and tell me what ya think.

LOVE U ALL XOXO

----------------------------------

 This is it.

Our last night in this prison. Our last night of enslavement.

This is me.

Treading through these halls with the only people I really care about, the only ones who really matter to me at all. I have come to realise that it isn't much. Just Aspen, Raine and I.

And maybe one other person.

Maybe Reeve.

Although that is a thought I am not fit to ponder upon. Tonight of all nights. That is something meant for another day, another place. And even then I am not entirely sure.

The few lights still on do not provide much in the way of navigating. But I have become accustomed to this house, as large as it may be. Which scares me a little, knowing that I have lived here so long.

No, not lived.

Survived.

We pull to a stop at the end of the corridor, frozen in silence, breathing the same distilled air. Really, we shouldn't be together like this. It's too dangerous, too risky. But tonight exceeds all those things. Tonight it's different.

“Well,” Reeve drags a hand through his hair, scratches the stubble on his chin, “this is where we'll say goodnight.”

The girl's don't speak, and neither do I. An exchanged glance is enough.

Reeve continues, his voice an octave lower. “Now one more thing. You are to stay in your rooms until my men come and get you, understood?”

We nod simultaneously, moving unconsciously closer.

“I cannot express how vital this is,” his voice is firm, unwavering, his eyes hard set.

This is the Reeve I have not come to know of, the Reeve no longer consumed with regret and confusion. This is Reeve at his strongest, at his finest. He is not afraid. He is... awake.

And that alone keeps my anxieties at bay.

His eyes skim over the three of us, but settle on only mine. Too long for it to be an accident. They shimmer in this light, his irises a striking shade of blue, brighter somehow, then ever before.

He wants to tell me something, I can feel it.

But am I prepared to hear what he has to say?

Now that is a question I cannot dare answer.

I blink once and our gaze is broken. He reclaims himself.

“You should get some sleep. If possible.”

I look to the girls and without another thought, pull them into a tight embrace. Sealing my eyes shut as the warmth takes over. I remember the last time we held one another like this, the last time we were bound together with the prospect of freedom. It was in a deserted car park, deep into the night. Before we were to board the plane to Paris. That was a different era, a different time altogether.