two (Aspen)

Okey dokey, the next chapter is here! *squeals*

It is from the point of view of Aspen, and written by @_eccentric_ (me) also known as the perfectionist.

So I'd really like to say a BIG thank you to all of our faithful readers and from all the reads/comments/votes we have received. PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING coz we really love all the feedback since it helps us grow as writers. I haven't got much else to say, except I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Here it is....

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I manoeuvre through the clustered group of bodies, clutching onto the arm of Kade. He keeps me steady as my legs are barely strong enough to carry themselves. My whole weight leans against him, but it's not as though I have much of a choice; I am too weak to walk alone. My legs trailing behind me as I half-drag, half-carry them along. I can't believe one trip in an airplane is all it takes to make me feel useless.

My weary eyes now dry of the tears I shed on the plane, stare solemnly into the depths of the airport halls. Small hazy silhouettes lace the distance as I focus on the more important things - my friends. Adele stands beside me, silently absorbing the beauty of the sunrise lying upon the horizon, which can be seen through the floor to ceiling glass windows. It is beautiful; filling the sky much like a masterpiece painted by an experienced artist. Hues of orange and purple entwine, creating enchanting shades of pink and blue. The sky mesmerizes anyone who looks upon it and now even I cannot tear my eyes away.

Raine, on the other hand, employs her well practised French as she passes by people in the hallway. Each grant her a cheerful smile, taking in her striking beauty as she replies with greetings I am yet to learn. I haven't spent as much time studying French as I should have, so I'm going to have to persuade her to help me. That shouldn't be too hard though; I know Raine likes to help people, in any way she can.

We reach the luggage carousel, the baggage just beginning to pass around the 100 metre long, conveyer belt. Other passengers that I briefly remember from the plane retrieve their luggage, hurrying  to leave before the crowd thickens. Since we flew first class, we have baggage handlers assisting us. Kade being his sweet self, offers to help the baggage handlers, but his offer is politely declined.

Once all our luggage is collected, I intertwine my hand with Kade's as he guides me through the airport. The stress from the flight is still lingering through my veins as we enter the city I've been dreaming of, for what feels like forever.

Raine informs us that we must spot the chauffeur with our name card, through the sea of men.

" It's impossible, how could we ever see through all these peo..." I protest, obviously not in the mood to search through millions of names, although interrupted in the process.

" Found him, the one in the navy suit in the back right corner." States Kade behind me. He extends his hand in the direction of the man whom I spot immediately.

"Like, I said; it wouldn't be that hard." I stumble over my words, trying to reclaim some dignity. Kade doesn't seem to mind, planting a kiss on my lips to prevent any further mumbling.

"Let's go already. I've seen enough of you guys kissing." Adele blurts as she races past us, towing her suitcase behind her.

Raine is the first to approach the man and hands him our travel details. He reads the itinerary and says, his voice laced with a French accent, "Hotel Ritz, I see."

"Is it good?" I wonder, wanting to know if my brother's choice was decent since he planned it all for me.

"The best," He flashes a smile before gesturing for us to follow him outside. He speaks once more, "I'll be a minute, if you could wait here please."