four (Adele)

Hey guys, the wallflower here :D now I know how much u LOVED the last chap, it was indeed amazballs ;) and I found it VERY hard 2 live up 2 prima ballerina's standards so im sorry if this isn't as exciting but plz still read! I would love to hear what u guys think of it. And I know it's REALLY long and im so sorry 4 that but it kinda had to be ;) well u'll c what I mean when u read it :D

enjoy xx

----------------------------------------

It’s still dark when I wake, smothered in heavy silk sheets, smeared in warmth. I open my eyes, half expecting to be back in London, bracing myself for the tedious day ahead. Except I’m not there, no. I am in Hotel the Ritz, Paris beaming outside my window.

I smile at the ceiling above, the deliciously lavish room, the elegant gold curtains swimming in the breeze. I smile at the view outside, the Eiffel tower through my windowpane. I smile at myself, lying here without a care in the world. Even after over a week, the feeling hasn’t left, the utter delight. I doubt it ever will. My body trembles with anticipation and I almost fall out of bed, slumber no longer an option, my toes sinking into the lush red carpet below.

I glide across the room, my footsteps silent, weightless. The darkness is thick, but I can find my way around with ease, already accustomed to this enchanting suite. I slip from my silk pyjamas and grasp the first clothes my hands discover assembled on the floor.

My arms shake from the cold as I slide into a pair of frayed skinny jeans and a sweater, as I climb into my tan boots and secure the laces. I scurry to the ensuite and gasp as the light inside blinds me for a moment, the slick marble walls gleaming white. With small strides, I approach the long stretch of mirrors and take a hesitant glance at the girl in the reflection. Her honey coloured hair is dishevelled, dark circles below her washed out blue eyes. Her skin is a sickly pale, her arms and legs too thin, her frame too small. I cringe and so does she.

With swift movements and rummaging fingers I pull a comb through my hair, brushing out the knots with my teeth clamped shut. When I have finished wincing from the pain, it assembles a tousled mess, strands loose with a mind of their own. I shrug, it’ll do.

I smear powder to my face, throw on some mascara and apply thick streaks of eyeliner around my eyes. I don’t know why I bother. It’s not as though I’ll be turning the heads of any. But I quite like the way the black frames my eyes, pronouncing the icy blue. I look unpredictable, almost dangerous. But not quite.

I flick the bathroom lights off and leave the room in haste, quick on my feet. The heals of my boots drag along the marble tiles and I cringe at the sound, catching my breath.

“Adele?” Someone yawns, “is that you?”

I freeze at Aspen’s voice, rigid in the silence, “Uh... yeah?”

The blankets crunch beneath her weight and she mumbles something in a stifled voice.

“Mmm.. where are you going?”

“For a walk,” I blurt.

Her breathing is slurred, heavy, and I pray no one else will awake, knowing Raine is such a light sleeper.

When she finally answers, her voice is muffled with another yawn. “Okay. Be safe.”

I can’t help but smile at this, “yes Mum.”

When her breathing slows I steer through the dark and find the keys where I left them, limp on the hook. They are in the lock and I am out the door without a second thought, a pale blue scarf slung around my neck.