ten (Adele)

HYA GUYS!! Sooooo this is the wallflower and THIS is chapter 10 (AHHHHHH DOUBLE DIGITS) and i would LOVE if u could read it and tell me watcha think ;) Its a little drafty cuz i only just finished it TODAY! which is really pushing it. So if there are any grammar or spelling mistakes PLEASE let me know and i'll fix it ASAP!

Okay i'll leave it there.

ENJOY<3

----------------

The pain, is what finally wakes me, consumes me.

The pressure behind my eyes, against my chest, pressing in all over.

Even breathing hurts, my lungs thirsting for air, my throat hoarse; raw. The cold encases me, clasping my body in an iron grasp, its fingers raking my bare skin. I shudder violently, try to move; to feel, but the pressure only sharpens, now a stabbing pain, tearing through my skull like shards of glass.

A sound escapes me, a sound not entirely human. A small grunt in protest, prodding the back of my throat. I cringe, finally aware of the ice cold surface pressed to my face and body, most likely a solid concrete floor.

I jerk my fingers about, not daring to open my eyes, too afraid of where I might be. Left discarded in a deserted alleyway; neglected. I can't say it hasn't happened before.

Small fragments of last night come to mind, shards of memories. The throbbing music, no longer blasting, but the rhythm still pulsating through my every muscle. The heat, no longer thick, but a sheet of sweat still consuming my body. But above all, I remember Nate, or more specifically; his lips. My fingers curl as I think of his arms around mine, his warmth that no longer sets my every inch ablaze. My heart beats a little faster at the mere thought and for one moment the pain isn't there. 

And then it is. Again. 

When I finally open my eyes, the world is a blur at first, nothing but streaks of pale light abiding the darkness and fractured silhouettes, pasted to the walls. I blink once. Twice. Three times. Pressing the palms of my hands to my eyes, testing my sight once more.

And finally, slowly but surely the slanted shapes take form and begin to morph into objects. A steel chair, pressed sideways to the floor, sheets of flaking paint consuming the walls, a small lamp strung to the ceiling, tossed back and forth, my skin drenched in a harsh neon light.

My throat closes and I bolt upright, the room tossed in endless spirals. A groan escapes my lips as the pain intensifies, taking over my body, clinging to my every bone, my every muscle. I know I drank a lot last night, but not enough to feel like this.

I press my hands to my head, feeling through a mop of disheveled hair for blood, bruising, anything that might have caused this extent of pain. What happened last night?

Bile crawls at the back of my throat, in danger of escaping. I swallow it down, clutching my stomach as it churns. The light burns my eyes, granting my tears escape. I press my hands to the floor, throwing my weight upon them. Within seconds they give way and I drop to the ground once again, this time choosing to stay limp while the questions surge through my mind.

Where are the girls? Where is Nate?

But above all I cannot help but wonder; where the hell am I?

Not an alleyway. Not the party. Certainly not the hotel.

Think Adele.

Think.

What happened before this?

Music pulsing. Bodies flailing back and forth. Alcohol burning my throat. Nate's lips on mine.