eleven (Aspen)

HEY everyone!!! this is the perfectionist and this is chapter eleven, duh!

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the beautiful comments that we get on each chapter and I can't wait to let you start reading so you can get to that. Thank you to everyone and I love you sosososo much.

The gif on the side is obviously of Aspen when she is in the corridor, you'll know what I'm talking about when you read further on. So I won't keep you guys waiting cos you are probably sighing while reading this and wanting to move on. So I won't hold you back.

Here you go......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Darkness crouches around each corner, creeping up the walls, along the floor. The small room encroaches me, the memory from the party almost nothing. Fragments of music blaring over  mere talking, bodies covered in sweat dancing, and being embraced by Kade or hours on end. The memories being lost with each second that passes by.

Daunting sounds of silence pierce through my mind, ringing in my ears. Together they cause me to lose balance, unravel my focus. Stabbing, jeering pain shoots through my muscles, allowing my head to droop, to fall. I cup my head in my heads, cradled slightly in the dead of the moonlight.

Searing heat runs up my throat, bitter tears streaming down my cheeks, coating everything in a watery veil. Cloaks of sheer water infuse my vision, leak from under my eyelids, dripping across my reddened face.

Voices erupt from the deafening silence, the hallway igniting in expressions. The voices are familiar. Too familiar.

Screams of agony, pleads for help, everything I’d expect myself to do in this situation. An icy shiver runs down my spine, coursing through my frame, shivering my every move. Those voices, those expressions bring fire to my bones, remind me of too many memories.

I clamber around in the dark, towards what I believe is the door, pressing my ear against the grained wood. The voices end abruptly and a gurgling sound follows; deep and long. I don’t know what the sound is but I don’t think it is human. I take the sound out of mind and struggle to hear the rest of the conversation which takes place.

A mumble of noises is all that makes its way through the walls and doors. No resemblance of words at all. Once again, I am comforted, or more likely constricted by the silence. It compresses against me, coming in one ear and out the other.

Suddenly the room is filled with a white glow, pounding into my head, clearing my imagination with certainty. I am aware of everything; the grey tinged in the concrete, the heavy wood door with a scratched silver handle, the walls battered and chipped with paint. Dull, small, and confined is only a few words to describe where I am. But I know all too well it is a lot more dangerous than it looks.

A metal hook is bolted into the walls, a stray piece of rope wrapped around it in a knot; the end of the rope trails along towards me, ending less than a metre away.

What is that for?

Surely it wasn’t for me, surely. 

But if it was, why haven’t they tied me up yet?

What if they come in here now and lock me up?

Don’t think like that. Aspen, don’t you dare.

*          *          *

I scream into the silence, forcing it to end, to go away. At least the darkness doesn’t encroach me anymore. The shriek fills my tonsils with fire, burning until my voice drowns into an airy screech. A dry, parched feeling is all I’m left with. Thirst tears at the end of my mouth, making swallowing harder, courser. But the silence returns ever so forcefully once again.